Windows 10 64 Bit
My Question or Issue
new update has arrived. but, I always get the same error. "It seems like the Spotify Updater wasn't able to start properly. Do you want to wait a bit more?"
This is now fixed. If you're still not able to install or update the app, create a new thread and we'll help you from there.
All the best! 🙂
BugraFelekoglu has found the solution : i write here the same solution but step by step.
The problem comes from a user name in Windows with special caracters. Example :
Using this example, the Spotify Updater is in :
[EDIT] : Note well that the following mentioned Update folder appears only when in Spotify a BLUE DOT appears on the top of the screen next to the right of your nickname. When this BLUE DOT appears, the update has been dowloaded and is ready to install, so the Update folder has been created.
- Before processing, quit Spotify- Create a new folder : C:\TEMP- Go to the folder C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Spotify\Update
- Copy the 2 following files to the C:\TEMP you've just created :
- Now, go into C:\TEMP- Edit with a tool like notepad.exe the "update.json" file, and replace in it the path :
- Save your modification- Finally, launch spotify_installer-188.8.131.529.g342899da-15.exe
That's it !
Thank you! It seems to work. Will I have to do this with every update now?
As long as Spotify do not fix their bug in their new version, yes.
But i don't know if they fix it in the current version... : wait and see.
Anyway i wrote to the Support to gave them the solution and aware them of the cause of the bug. So, i think they will fix it. 😉
This solution worked for me. It's weird that the update suddenly doesn't work because of special characters. I use Spotify and update normally without any issues until this update.
"The problem comes from a user name in Windows with special caracters. Example :
- Before processing, quit Spotify- Create a new folder : C:\TEMP- Go to the folder C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Spotify\Update- Copy the 2 following files to the C:\TEMP you've just created :
That's it !"
Hey man, Thanks for the time!
unfortunately, I can't find the 'Update' folder..
This folder only appears when you have a BLUE DOT on the arrow on the right of your name, on the right top of your screen.
This BLUE DOT means that a new version is ready to install, so the Update folder is created. Just quit Spotify, and follow my instructions : it works ! 😉
Thank you for all person. We pass this problem. Thanks Bugra Felekoglu.
really...you gotta be kidding...all this for a spotify update...as the last reply says....there is no update file in spotify appdata....Spotify has to come up with a solution for us that aint no datanerds...
There is no "update" folder, hence I cannot use that solution.
The update folder appears ONLY when a BLUE DOT appears in Spotify at the right of your name.