Spotify Web Player Stuck on Lowes Ad - Chrome

I have tried every "suggestion" to fix this issue and all have failed.

• Removed all cookies and searched for specific spotify cookies to remove
  • Reinstalled chrome
  • Tried another browser
  • Computer restart
  • Incognito browser
  • Uninstalled adblock

This issue seems to persist across computers and occurs on my work's PC and my home personal PC.

Hi there!

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best :)

Comments
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Ovaryraptor! Thanks for letting us know about this.

Could you fire over your exact Spotify version? It'd also be great if you could let us know more info about the exact ad is this happening with (and if it occurs with any others).

Keep us posted :)

Ovaryraptor
Regular

As the title states, it's the Lowes ad. 

I'm not sure the version it's the webplayer. 

Chrome is Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) basically the most recent version. But this occurs across internet browsers.

djlewi07

I am having the exact same issue. I am using the web player, I've tried everything:

Incognito window

Clearing cache and cookies

Different browser

No Adblock

Nothing is working. I am using the Web Player so there is no "version."

djlewi07

I am having the exact same issue. My spotify Web Player is stuck on ad that won't play. It just sits at 00:00. I've tried:

Incognito window

clearing cache/cookies

turning off/on ad block

tried a different browser

Nothing works! Furthermore I am using the Web Player so there is no "version."

djlewi07

The Ad I am having trouble with is called Mind:Body.

zertykx

Hi,

I have te same problem,

I was on spotify and when an ad was supposed to play, adblock tried to block it, but the player is still trying to play the ad, so it is still showing the ad at 0:00 and not doing anything or letting me play any other music.

I tried connecting on spotify on my mac, on my windows laptop, and nothing works, everytime i log in to my account, it shows the same ad at 0:00 trying to play but not doing anything.

I have tried everything (uninstall adblock, remove cache, change browsers, ...) nothing works.

The only thing that works is using the spotify app, but I don't really like the app and would highly prefer keeping using the browser version of spotify.

Aimee_T
Roadie

Thanks for the info guys!

Could you let us know all the browser versions you're trying to use? Also, do you have the same issue with all the ads? We'd like to investigate what might be happening.

Take care :)

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Closed

Hi there!

We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best :)

Ovaryraptor
Regular

Please reopen this, we have given you the requested information yet you have suggested no fixes.

mrgrimmig
Casual Listener

It's very sad that this issue is still there after 1.5 years. 

My webbrowser (Chrome) freezes regularly after playing adverts. I completely removed all ad blocker plugins, but it's pointless. It exists a temporary fix (open Spotify on the smartphone, play a song, go back to the webapp), but c'mon...