Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app crashing on Android

We're getting reports about Spotify app crashing. Most users affected are using the Beta version 8.8.60.522 or higher.

This is being investigated.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone! If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

In case the app crashes when trying to play tracks from Liked Songs, we have a separate Ongoing Issues thread about it here, so check it out and share the requested details there - we'll forward them to our tech team.

Have a good one!

Comments
banditt

Country

Canada

Device

S23 Ultra

Operating System

A13 OUI 5.1

My Question or Issue

Can't open the app

https://cdn.thekfcbandit.ca/spotifymoment.mp4

watch ^

I've tried updating, clearing cache/data, clean reinstalling with ADB, restarting, sideloading. You think of it I probably already did it. only thing that worked is sideloading old version but that is a bad solution for obvious reasons. Live chat support is giving me the run around right now. help 

Temp Solution:

if you really don't want to lose your data follow this guide (How to downgrade an app without losing data using ADB)

https://www.makeuseof.com/downgrade-android-app-with-adb/

if you don't have access to a computer you can also use LADB (Play Store) 

also if you don't care about your data and just want a working app, uninstall the current play store version and install the APK I linked above

JayIsListening

Same here

SAH1992

The Spotify App has stopped working entirely. I've conducted a clean reinstall according to instructions. On reinstall I'm able to sometimes play a snippet of music before it crashes again. Clicking buttons results in no responses. My OS is up to date and other music apps have no issues.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S9)

Operating System

(Android 10)

SAH1992

Actually, on further inspection I can play songs but I can't pause them, change them, or close the app to stop them playing. And they play on a significant lag.

Dudditz09

Plan - Premium Duo

Country - UK

Device - Samsung Glaxy S23 Ultra

O/S - Android 13

The app just won't open at all for me, crashes and closes out.

Restarted the device, uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared cache and data etc.

Mastersource

Crashing for me as well. Currently on Version 8.8.60.522 Samsung S21 ultra. As soon as I click the app I crash to home screen.

mossief1965

Exactly the same issue here, have tried all suggested solutions but no luck.

Mastersource

Currently on Version 8.8.60.522 and same problem. Crashes right to home screen. Have tried everything as well still no luck. I haven't had a new android updates since last month. 

Freddy38

Same issue : 8.8.62.3 not starting.

Henku1969

Same problem here (Netherlands) Hope Spotify fix this problem..