Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app crashing on Apple Watch

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports of the app crashing on Apple Watch Series 3 after upgrading to version 8.7.84.

Hey there,

Thanks for the patience while our tech team looked into this. We're happy to announce this has been deemed fixed by our tech team for the app version of 8.7.88.

If you still experience this issue, please update your app to the latest version. If this doesn't help, we encourage you to post in the relevant Help Board, where we can have a closer look at your experience.

Cheers!

Comments
Zatara

Device

Apple Watch series 8

Operating System

WatchOS 9.1

* iPhone13 Pro, IOS 16.11

My Question or Issue

Whenever I select “downloads” the app closes and takes me back to Home Screen.

I have chosen “download to Spotify” in two small playlists (less than 50 songs)

I have all last updates on both phone and watch

I have re-downloaded Spotify on both devices

I have re-paired watch and phone.

I wish I could listen to these playlists while away from my phone…

still, the issue persists 

any help is appreciated

Lyubka

Hey @Zatara,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does this issue occurred after a recent update? Were you able to listen to your downloaded songs on your watch before? 

In any case, please share with us the Spotify version you're currently running on both your watch and you phone. It'd also be great if you could send us a quick video where we can take a better look at this behavior? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it)

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Whenever I open Spotify on my Apple Watch (Ultra) a loading symbol appears and never disappears.

Upon reinstalling the app, the app always works for the first few seconds into the first song. Then, the app crashes and from then on the loading symbol appears.
AlejaR

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we suggest you start off with a clean reinstall of the app on your smartphone. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps for doing it here.

Then, a common solution in these type of cases is to do a factory reset on the Apple Watch and add it back as a new watch vs. restoring a backup. So, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

If the above doesn't do the trick, can you send us the make/model and OS of your mobile device and Apple watch along with the Spotify version you have running?

Keep us in the loop!

zizzfizzix

I see the same problem on Series 8 watchOS 9.1 and Spotify 8.7.82. Please see the video.

AlejaR

Hey @zizzfizzix,

Thanks for your reply in this thread. 

In this case, can you let us know the troubleshooting you've tried so far? If you haven't yet, we suggest you start off with a clean reinstall of the app on your smartphone. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps for doing it here.

Then, a common solution in these types of cases is to do a factory reset on the Apple Watch and add it back as a new watch vs. restoring a backup. So, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, we recommend you make sure your Apple Watch, your mobile phone, and the Spotify app are up-to-date. You can check how to update your Apple Watch in this article.

Keep us in the loop!

thevoid265

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Apple Watch Series 3

Operating System

WatchOS 8.7.1

My Question or Issue

Every time I open Spotify on my Apple Watch, it crashes. I have tried re-installing the app on my Watch, restarting my Watch, and re-installing Spotify on my iPhone SE 2nd Generation as well - none of these have fixed the issue.

mbravo

Hi there! Same issue here!

I've tried the same steps trying to fixit, even reset to factory settings my iWatch, same issue.

Seems to be an update issue!

When I try and open the app on my watch it simply doesn’t work. Tried everything, resetting the watch, deleting and re installing. Has worked perfectly until now.
Alex42890

I have the same issue since two days. Started with paired AirPods and with no iPhone connected. 

Tries almost everything but nothing worked.