Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app crashing on Apple Watch

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports of the app crashing on Apple Watch Series 3 after upgrading to version 8.7.84.

Hey there,

Thanks for the patience while our tech team looked into this. We're happy to announce this has been deemed fixed by our tech team for the app version of 8.7.88.

If you still experience this issue, please update your app to the latest version. If this doesn't help, we encourage you to post in the relevant Help Board, where we can have a closer look at your experience.

Cheers!

Comments
jkruffled

hi any fix for Apple Watch 3 or how to revert down a version ? 

Spotify app for Apple Watch - loads for a second with circle and then crashes

Spotify app for Apple Watch - loads for a second with circle and then crashes. Any way to fix this? I've tried restarting watch, uninstalling and installing app. Doesnt work. Apple Watch and phone are all updated to latest iOS.

nickdagaz

Latest version 8.7.87.512 did not solve the problem. It still crashes on Apple Watch.
Tried re-installing it on watch once again - no use.

Esamps

This has been happening to me for weeks now. I’ve followed all trouble shooting steps multiple times now and it’s very frustrating to see that this thread has been going for a month. 

if we can’t go back to the previous update what are we supposed to do? What’s the point of having a feature on the Apple Watch if it doesn’t even work?!??!!?

Mhdfikri

i have some problem with my spotify app on my apple watch series 3. the app just crash while i try to open the app. i try to unpair my watch and restore the apple watch, but nothing changes still crash when i try to open the app. 

device :

iphone 11

ios version : 16.1.1 (20B101)

my watch 

apple watch series 3

os version : 8.7.1 (19U67)

spotify vesion on my device :8.7.87.512

spotify version on my watch : 8.7.87

i hope you can fix the bug asap. thank you so much.

Errorcore

I have the same issue, unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix it. Rebooted reinstalled everything, reset the watch also nothing helped.

FitzFire

I’m having the same exact problem with my Apple Watch vers. 3

spotify won’t open!

tried everything!

rafocastro

When will this issue be resolved? I can't go on runs since it started crashing, I'll need to go to apple music if not

dmludke

Stop that Spotify Wrapped**bleep** and fix your app. It is really that hard?

ldein

Please fix ASAP!  This is extremely frustrating. 

Rebeccalynnbell

I have tried:

-resetting both watch and iphone multiple times

-deleting and reinstalling the app on both devices multiple times

-downloading any updates that appear

-Unpairing and repairing my watch to my iphone

-Factory resetting my watch.

I contacted Spotify a few days prior and I was told by an agent they'd never heard of this issue. I then spoke with an Apple rep who told me this an ongoing issue and referred me to this page. 

I'm extremely frustrated that I can't work out with my watch. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue are welcome.