Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app crashing on Apple Watch

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports of the app crashing on Apple Watch Series 3 after upgrading to version 8.7.84.

Hey there,

Thanks for the patience while our tech team looked into this. We're happy to announce this has been deemed fixed by our tech team for the app version of 8.7.88.

If you still experience this issue, please update your app to the latest version. If this doesn't help, we encourage you to post in the relevant Help Board, where we can have a closer look at your experience.

Cheers!

Comments
ZVolt

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Apple Watch Ultra

Operating System

watchOS 9.0.2

My Question or Issue

Good Evening,

Have a slight problem with Spotify, I can not seems to launch Spotify on the Ultra. Everytime I opens Spotify it just goes in a loop of loading screen which never seems to get into the actual screen. Even if I do get into the Spotify menu, none of the function works (Next song/Previous song, Play/Stop etc) and then it will just crash immediately to the Apple Watch clock interface.

I have tried all of the troubleshoot there is and it seems none of them actually works.

Any other help is much appreciated.

Thanks

MihailY

Hey @ZVolt,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Can you please let us know the exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so we can avoid repeating any?

Keep us posted.

ZVolt

Evening,

Here's the few troubleshoot I did from what Apple have suggested me to do:

1. Uninstall Spotify on the watch and redownload

2. Uninstall Spotify and unpair the watch, then re-pair the watch and redownload spotify

As none of the above two have worked for me.

Thanks

Vasil

Hey @ZVolt,

Thank you for the additional information!

Could you start playing music on your phone and then try to open the app on the watch to see if that makes any difference?
In case it doesn't do the trick, if it is not an issue for you, we may also try a factory reset of the watch.
After doing so, pair the watch, install Spotify and let us know how it went.

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

Nic_10

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Apple Watch Series 6)

Operating System

(iOS 15.6.1.)

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone, It's been weeks now that I am dealing with this issue where the app on my Apple Watch crashes when I try to open it. It is obviously extremely frustrating since I cannot listen to any kind of music. More so considering that I contacted both Apple and Spotify support but yet I am far to find a proper solution. I have tried to delete app on both devices, clear the cache and pair the watch again. Casually the app will open but then we're back to the same problem. On top of that, I noticed that whilst the app is loading, rotating the crown will allow to open correctly the app. However once I try to open a playlist or play any kind of song the app crashes again. I am really disappointed since I've been a premium user for more than 4 years now and until now the experience has been great. But this issue is really annoying me.

ToolboxT

Hey this sounds incredibly frustrating. Have you tried updating the OS versions on your watch and your iphone?

Nic_10

I tried to update my iPhone to iOS 16 however the update fails every time so I sticked with the current version. However, I have to say that I have been dealing with this problem before any new software updates were available. The Spotify app is up to date of course.

murph5141

Hi, I had this issue and I legit just left it for a while and now it works. One way to stop it from closing is to hold the top or bottom of the screen right after you click open it. It will bring up the notification/control center tabs and lock it into the Spotify app to bypass that crash. Doesn't work every time but it worked most of the time for me. The app just blows on the watch. 

Nic_10

The thing is I manage to open the app sometimes. However it is impossible somehow to lock the app once you want to play music. I just hope it will fix by himself since there’s no real solution. It is extremely ridiculous though they haven’t been able to find a solution. The app itself is extremely buggy

murph5141

Yeah. Most of the time when I would get into it, the app would crash when I tried to play downloaded music. Another thing that recently helped me was streaming music first and then using the downloaded music. It's like there storage system is messed up, and every time you try to access it the default exception error is to close the app.