Spotify app crashing on startup

Brief description of the issue: Spotify app crashes as soon I try to open it.

I've tried reinstalling the app a number of times.

iPhone 6 iOS 10
Premium account
The app version of Spotify you’re using:6.8.0

Hey guys!

Thanks for all of your updates on this one.

We're seeing reports that the most recent Spotify update has helped with this issue. Due to this, we're going to mark this one as fixed.

Let us know if you see anything else 🙂

Comments
Liller200
I am having The eksakt same problem on iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 10.2
Spotify version 6.8.0
I am also a premium user
Musse77
The same problem on my iPhone 5
It opens up and the it just crashes
TribunS
Casual Listener

Same with me (iPad3, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5S & 6). The problem occurs since the latest Spotify update (3rd November) Are you connected to a wlan? In my case Spotify doesn't crash when I'm not connected to my wlan. When using mobile data everything is working fine. Sometimes the following workaround works: disconnect from your wlan, start the app, wait some seconds and connect to your wlan by using the ios controll center within the app. I guess it's a bug within the update...

ErickRGuetta
Community Legend

Hey guys @RobHill@TribunS@Musse77, and @Liller200 I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue, I've escalated this thread in hopes an action will be taken soon. Thanks for this information and for clarifying you've tried reinstall with no success.

Liller200
Yes The app just crash when i am connected to wlan but not when using cellular
leifstreet

I'm having this same problem. We have a family plan and we all have iphone 6 on the latest iOS release. The app crashes immediately when opening on my home wifi. Plays fine on data plan. I can login and listen to spotify on chromebook and laptop on my home wifi. It seems to be centered around my iphone.

mennokrijgsman
Same problem over here on Iphone, iPad and Android. All since last update. Works fine on 4g and crashes when connecting to WiFi.
ErickRGuetta
Community Legend

@TribunS I can see that one of the RockStar's Maxim, has suggested a few trouble-shooting tips in your other thread. He's also asked a few more questions too. Just to check, did any of these help out at all?
1. Can you try restarting and/or resetting your router.
2. Are you seeing any error messages? Or does the app close with no error message at all?
3. Can you check if there any restrictions on your router/network settings that are blocking the use of Spotify?

Also @mennokrijgsman@RobHill@leifstreet@Liller200 would you be able to let me know the above too? Let's see if any of these suggestions do the trick. Keep me posted, and i'll see what else I can suggest!

Benger5

When I'm at home and connected to the wifi I can't open my Spotify app without it crashing almost instantly. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Benger5
I'm having the same issue when connected to me home wifi. I am a premium member also, I've reset and reinstalled everything related to the app and my router. Nothing helps, it's getting very frustrating.

Related Issues