Spotify connect not working on VSX-924 anymore

Since a recent update the Spotify connect functionality stopped working on my Pioneer VSX-924 receiver. I've tried resetting the receiver and network, but I can't get it to work anymore.

Any ideas?

Perfect!

Glad to know everything is back to normal for both of you @Bandar and @jarnotjow. Also, thanks for letting us know what you did.

If you need help again in the future, just give us a shout 🙂

Comments
jarnotjow
Casual Listener

Some additional info, using Airplay streaming works, just not Spotify Connect. It just tries to connect, then hangs.

jean3601
Community Legend
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey there @jarnotjow!

That doesn't sound right!

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if this helps, This usually fixes most problems 🙂

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache 🙂 

I hope this helped! 🙂

Bandar
Casual Listener

Same issue by an ipad air(older and new app version), and by an android tablett. My premium account is just no longer working for spotify connect since a few days. I am using a Pionneer sc 2023. rb

@jarnotjow wrote:

Since a recent update the Spotify connect functionality stopped working on my Pioneer VSX-924 receiver. I've tried resetting the receiver and network, but I can't get it to work anymore.

Any ideas?

MonicaM_Bogota
Roadie

Thanks for that info, @Bandar!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Could you let us know if the steps suggested by @jean3601 helped you with this? Also, can you try to log in using a different account and check if this is still happening?

Keep us posted. 

Bandar
Casual Listener

@MonicaM_Bogota! Thank you. I have no 2nd needed premium account, to try Spotify connect from an ipad to my receiver as device. This account works evn from ipad in a physical connection or by airplay. Also I had checked the steps before, my firmware -and updated my app. Is there a phone number which you know, to ask for any known issues since some days? Kind regards, Ralf

Leonardo
Roadie

Hey @Bandar and @jarnotjow!

We've reported this to the right team and they'll work on this while we speak. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon.

As soon as we have any updates on this, we'll let you guys know 🙂

Have a great day.

jarnotjow
Casual Listener

Hi,

Today I was having some additional troubles with my home network and while troubleshooting this, I found an issue where my receiver would suffer from a device stealing its address. After giving the faulty device a fixed IP address, I was able to connect again. 

Problem solved!

Julian
Status changed to: Need more info

That's great news @jarnotjow. We're glad to know it's working for you now. 

Hey @Bandar. Let us know if what @jarnotjow tried works for you. 

Have a good day 🙂

Bandar
Casual Listener

Hello @Julian, it was another solution for me, while also network related:

Spotify Connect is working again by switching to Google DNS in my Receiver.
DNS1: 8.8.8.8
DNS2: 8.8.4.4
This was a tip from another German forum - on end with picture -
http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-273-2752.html

It was also needed to switch off DHCP and use a fix IP for this in my Pioneer.

Julian
Status changed to: Fixed

Perfect!

Glad to know everything is back to normal for both of you @Bandar and @jarnotjow. Also, thanks for letting us know what you did.

If you need help again in the future, just give us a shout 🙂

Related Issues