Announcements

Spotify does not see my ChromeCast

Since the latest update of Spotify, the app does not see my ChromeCast as an available device. The ChromeCast works with other apps and can cast screen/audio through the Home app but does not work through the spotify app.

That's great folks!

I think it's safe to say that this is fixed now. If you need anything else, feel free to get back to us.

Take care, everyone!

Comments
jamescridland

I am also seeing this. Chromecast from Spotify is now unavailable on my Android phone; yet other apps can see my Chromecast devices without issue.

cjustin88

Same issue here. Can't see my Chromecast Audio with the latest update. Also can't see it from the Spotify desktop app.

marcosdepringle

Me too!!! Fix this error on iOS please!

Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks! Thanks for your reports!

That's not cool! Let's get to the bottom of this. Just to make sure, you've all tried the steps from this article? If not, could you let me know how you get on with those?

Thanks, keep me posted! 🙂

MtnDrewAZ

I tried it again a couple of days ago and my cromecast showed up for all of my devices.  I did not do anything since I first posted so I dont know if they did an update since but it works now.

marcosdepringle
The last update fixed the error!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 hug
MonicaM_Bogota

Great news!

We're glad to hear it's working now. @cjustin88 and @jamescridland, could you let us know if this is still happening to you after the latest Spotify update?

Keep us posted. 

jamescridland
Upon opening Spotify and getting to the devices dialog, I can see just my
two Spotify Connect devices, and no visible indication that it is looking
for anything else.

Wait about three seconds, and I can see all my Chromecast devices appear.
These appear to show instantly on next launch, as they probably ought to.

Good job, Spotify.

FabianS_Bogota
Status changed to: Fixed

That's great folks!

I think it's safe to say that this is fixed now. If you need anything else, feel free to get back to us.

Take care, everyone!

RezaG

I use Samsunk S5, Android 7. I have had issues with ChromecastUltra and Spotify. The very first time (December 2017) I set the Chrome up, it was all fine. After a while, Spotify did not show the device every now and then. Restarting the phone was a solution for a while. Today, that does not help anymore. I have restarted the phone, re-installed the Spotify, reset the wifi network, reset the chromecast, nothing seems to help. All other apps work like a charm.

Env: prod