Spotify doesnt login on onkyo remote

Hi I havev the onkyo remote app with TX NR626 reciever. The Spotify worked fine for the 3 years when suddenly it logged out and told says user account login issue contact Spotify for password
Screenshot_20170722-130742.png

Hey folks, welcome to the Spotify Community!

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they are removing the app from all Onkyo speakers.

Don’t worry, there are still plenty of ways to stream Spotify on your speaker! Check out their guide here or head to www.spotify.com/speakers/.

Let me know if you have questions.

Have a great day! 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
jorunyhe
Casual Listener

Hi. I experience exactly the same error message. I have used the onkye remote app on my onkyo tx-nr626 for over 3 years with almost no problem. Suddenly this problem occured last week. 2 weeks ago i received a e-mail from spotify, telling me that support for spotify app (or onkyo remote app) on onkyo "speakers" will be closed from july 20, and to be able to stream more music i must get another streaming device such as "google cromecast audio" or other devices. Is there any connection with the login problem and the e-mail from spotify, i don`t know... Spotify on my laptop with laptop speakers works ok.

a_tu_bola
Casual Listener

I haven't received any notification as such.. but that sucks!

Its a 3 year new and great device...I don't understand how suddenly there is no more support? Are we supposed to buy a new reciever every 3 years???

Hubo
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey folks, welcome to the Spotify Community!

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they are removing the app from all Onkyo speakers.

Don’t worry, there are still plenty of ways to stream Spotify on your speaker! Check out their guide here or head to www.spotify.com/speakers/.

Let me know if you have questions.

Have a great day! 🙂

penarthur
Gig Goer

Basically the money grabbing tossers as Spotify have decided to punish early adopters who have inested in their "eco-system" by pulling support for individual devide integration.

Your Onkyo is now toast, like mine and everyone elses.

a_tu_bola
Casual Listener
##- Its a very expensive toast... Spotify cant there be like SW update?? I
just moved to a family package due to the different receiver you support...
I hope you'll give a solution instead of a very unfair service -##
kevinswoods

I've a similar problem with an Onkyo CR-N755 network receiver.  I was "chatting" with Spotify tech support earlier today.  I was told that it isn't just Onkyo speakers that are no longer supported by Spotify, but that Onkyo network receivers are also affected.  What annoys me is the way that Spotify are putting a positive spin on this - that they are "Improving overall customer experience".  Well this isn't improving my customer experience!

I'm new to Spotify (via a family premium a/c).  The only way that I'm likely to use it is sitting in an armchair in front of my stereo with the original remote control in my hand.  I don't want to stream from a smartphone or other device.  

Message to Spotify:  please rethink (reverse) this change, and please ditch the insincere spin re "improving customer experience".   I'm sure that there is another unstated reason for the change.

KW 

Magn1

I have an onkyo tx 809

ive been using the onkyo remote 2 for years with Spotify with no issues. But it is now giving me a login error. Why?!!!

Related Issues