Spotify freezing on startup on Samsung TV Tizen OS

Hello. Yesterday I installed spotify on my tv which is a newer model and has the tizen o's. The app worked fine yesterday, and now freezes and crashes on a black screen with the logo and 3 pulsing dots underneath. (unable to return/exit) only option is to power off. I have reset my Smart hub in an attempt to fix this, and powered off the tv numerous times; but to no avail. It's quite annoying and is there a fix to this?

Hey @aidowin!

We're closing this thread as we never received an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃 
Comments
aidowin

Hi, I'm having the same issue here. Powering off the tv, checking the network connection, and reinstalling Spotify didn't help. I didn't try resetting, because the problem seems to be a startup bug, as the app worked fine the first time I used it.

BTW the dots pulsed oddly, in a 1,2+3 rhythm.

Corbit
Casual Listener

Hi, yes its quite frustrating.

I've managed to now get to the log-in screen, it's been 24hrs since I've last tried, but I don't see how that could fix it. Let's just see if it doesnt die again. 

However, it doesn't like to log in via device connect, ive tried all obvious steps to fix but haven't managed. Because im sure we all know how horrible it is to type in credentials on a tv remote. 🙂

But for now... the app isn't freezing my TV, so I guess I should be happy.

Donfladen

Same problem herr +1 vote

aidowin

The app worked yesterday. I tried Spotify Connect but it only showed a PS4 in the same Network. Immediately after connecting with that, the Smart TV appeared in the list, and I could connect with it.

Melody
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there folks!

We hope you're well.

How are you getting on, is this still happening?

If so, could you please fill out the full Ongoing Issue template below? This is just so that we can give the best advice possible 🙂

Thread:

Description:

To reproduce:

Device:

Operating System:

Spotify App version:

Also, if possible can you send us a screenshot/image of the way the screen appears when this happens?

Thanks, and take care 🙂

/M

Donfladen

The issue was resolved for my part. not sure how it was resolved, but I did plull the power cord from the wall and reconnected during the search for answers.

MaryC1
Spotify Legend

Hey @Donfladen, thanks for letting us know everything's working fine from your end.

@Corbit and @aidowin, could you give it a try using a different internet connection and checking if you're still experiencing the same issue? Also, it would be worth restarting your router and check if the issue persits.

Let us know how you get on.

Corbit
Casual Listener

Hello there, thanks for the replies.

My problem did fix itself, not sure what specifically resolved it but I did end up doing a soft reset on the tv, and turning off the router for 10 minutes, and came back the following day and it worked. 

Hopefully it doesn't happen again! 🙂

JuanSebastian
Roadie

Hi @Corbit!

We're glad to hear everything is now working. If you have any more issues, don't hesitate to contact us back.

@aidowin, are you still having trouble with your Smart TV app? Can you try the steps that @Corbit and @Donfladen mentioned before? Keep us posted.  

JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @aidowin!

We're closing this thread as we never received an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃 

Related Issues