Spotify going haywire

I've had the strangest experience tonight, and it all seems to link to Spotify!

About 7 pm, I had Google home playing music.  I told it to stop, which it did.  About 10 seconds later, it started playing the chicken dance in Spanish (unasked).  I told it to stop, and it did, only to start again a few seconds later.  This happened 7-8 times, until I unplugged Google Home and called Google support. They had me restart the device, and all seemed fine.

Then, about 15 minutes ago (and hour and a half later after that experience), Google randomly started playing music again (thankfully, NOT the chicken dance this time).  I unplugged it, and then my COMPUTER opened and started playing Spotify on its own.  I pushed pause, and it just kept starting again (and skipping songs every 10-15 seconds).  I finally shut down Spotify on my computer, and a few seconds later the Alexa device in an entirely different room turned itself on and started playing Spotify!

I tried telling it to stop, but it, too, kept starting up again every few seconds.  At this point, I have everything unplugged and shut off.  

Help!  Any idea why my Spotify account has decided to "possess" all of the electronics in my house?!  

Hey @nhende89!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Comments
ZullyB
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @nhende89, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

That's odd. To start, can you let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using?

Also, have you tried to reinstall your device? You can try it following these steps

Let us know if you have more doubts 🙂 

ZullyB
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @nhende89!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂