Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Spotify hangs when audio device is changed on Xonar U7

Device:

Windows

Operating System Version:

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Spotify Version:

Description:

Spotify stops playing once the audio output channel is switched from the Xonar U7. Usually Spotify also stops responding to mouse input. If Spotify manages to close itself (from top right corner 'x'), it leaves two Spotify (32 bit) processes visible in the Windows task manager.

To reproduce:

1. Have e.g. headphones and speakers attached to Xonar U7 DAC, which is attached to your computer.
  2. Start Spotify and play something.
  3. Press the volume knob on the DAC to switch audio sink.
  4. Try to control Spotify.

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

Possibly a driver issue but I haven't found any other programs with similar problems.

Comments
Jake
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey! 

What happens if you restart Spotify with your Xonar U7 connected and ready to play audio? Are you then able to play your music through it? Is it only when switching to this output whilst Spotify is open, that you experience the error? 

Jake

Jake

topiku

The Xonar U7 is always connected to my computer and also the only active audio device on my machine. Both the headphones and speakers are attached to the Xonar U7.

As long as the output device is not switched everything works. That is, I can hear the music from either output, depending on which device was active when Spotify was started.

Only when the output device is switched while Spotify is running (not necessarily playing music!), the issue occurs.

Steph_B

Hey!

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to confirm, do you have the same issue using other apps?

Also, make sure there are no updates available for the Xonar U7's firmware.

Keep us posted. 

topiku

I haven't seen the problem in any other program.

I'm already using the latest firmware.

Steph_B

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've passed this on to our team, let us know if there's any more info you'd like to add on to the report. 

Steph_B

Steph_B

Hey again!

Just to make sure, are you seeing any sort of error message when this happens?

We'd recommend reinstalling the app, if you haven't done so yet.

Also, does this happen with tracks from our online catalog, from your local files, or with all tracks?

Keep us posted. 

topiku

An error message "Can't play the current song." appears after about ten seconds. This occurs with all tracks: tracks from online catalog, tracks set Available offline, and local files.

Reinstalling didn't help.

I noticed that if a sufficiently long time (~a minute) is waited after the crash occurs, Spotify can be cleanly shut down from the top-right X button.