Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps saving and downloading albums by itself. By coincidence, they are all from the "Your heavy rotation" section. If I try to delete them, they are downloaded again as soon as I open the app. Things I've already tried:

- Cleared cache

- Cleared all data

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the app

- Deleted all my offline devices

- Deleted them on my computer

- Changed password

Hey everyone,

We haven't heard from you in a while. Could you make sure you're on the latest app version and let us know how it goes?

If you're sill experiencing this issue, it'd be great if you could drop us a line in the comments below and don't forget to add your +VOTE (if you haven't already).

Thanks - We'll be on the lookout for your replies!

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Visitor

I'M USING PREMIUM PLAN FROM INDIA AND EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM AS WELL.

DEVICE- SAMSUNG M30S

Visitor

Have you tried to log into someone else’s account on said desktop or cellular device? It could be a problem with just your account! I hope this helps narrow down the issue! 🙂

Hey folks,

We haven't heard from you in a while!

If you're still experiencing the issue, could you confirm the following:

• Albums and playlist are being downloaded automatically without you enabling the option
  • After removing the download, closing and then re-opening the app, the downloads reappear?

If so, let us know the exact Spotify version you're running and we'll continue to look into it.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the issue is still ongoing with the latest
instance being yesterday. When I remove the download, close and reopen the
app they don't reappear. That's not the real problem though, the issue is
that the downloads are using up my mobile data! The app version is

Cheers,

Brian Mercer

Hey there @brianthediver,

Thanks for sharing that!

It looks like there's a newer version of the app available. If possible, could you try updating and letting us know if the issue persists with playlists redownloading when the app is running?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks 🙂

Hi there,

I have the new version. I'll keep an eye on things and let you know.

Hey Brian!

I have encounter the very same issue before, and I totally understand the frustration caused, especially when you enable data download, and it draining your data just like that. 

The way I am going to suggest will be a bit complicated, using the third party website <snip - Moderator Edit> you can create a same playlist in no time. But remember to not delete the playlist you want to keep, cuz if you delete it in the process of creating a same playlist, there might be error and you will lose your playlist. And of course you can delete the faulty one as soon as you complete the process of cloning. It seems to be the playlist is faulty itself and no other way I’ve tried remedy the issue but this. Hope this will solve your issue.

Visitor

I have the same problem with the playlist Final Front Records. Very annoying. It is downloaded automaitaclly and also played automatically, but no wanted.

Gert-Jan

Visitor
What happens is like I downloaded an album on 20th January, it'll play fine
on that day. But after midnight the download goes away, and spotify starts
downloading that album again.

I'm using the latest version of Spotify and am a premium user.
Device- Samsung M30s

Related Issues