Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify loads slowly / goes unresponsive on iOS

We've received reports from iPhone users saying the app is taking up to a few minutes to load before either being partially usable or simply crashing. Sometimes the playlist/album covers won't load at all and are unclickable. This behavior is currently being investigated.

Here are some screenshot examples of how this may look on your end:

1.png

Please note that this is different from Spotify stuck on logo screen on iOS. In case your app won't load past the logo screen, visit that issue instead.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Please also note that this was different from Spotify stuck on logo screen on iOS. In case your app won't load past the logo screen, visit that issue instead.

Have a good one!

Comments
qtron

iPhone 11 Pro 

iOS 16.3.1

I’ve cleared cache, clean reset, deleted app.  Rebooted cell, downloaded app.  And it works again BUT whenever the app reloads itself or I stop listening for awhile and reopen it goes right back to not working.  I’ve deleted the app and reloaded it many times now and it’s always the same.  Locks up on the homepage menu, black screen. Everything is just locked up. 

Since about 2 weeks

about 2000 playlist 

and 3000 likes music 

ararar

Hi I'm having the same issue. It's been very frustrating, for about two weeks. I'm running a marathon tomorrow and I'm worried my playlist isn't going to load 😞 Plus, even when I'm on airplane mode it doesn't work. The app has been close to 100% unusable for me- it completely freezes up 90% of the times I've opened it. Once or twice, it randomly worked fine.

Your device's make, model and OS version.

• Apple iPhone XR

The version of Spotify you're running.

An approximate number of playlists you have in Your Library and tracks in your Liked Songs.

• 1000+ playlists

All troubleshooting you've tried so far.

• Everything that I could do, clearing cache, multiple reinstalls, restarting my phone, updating my ios etc.

PLEASE HELP!

I have same issues on my IPhone 12 Pro IOS 16.3.1 my Spotify freeze on that little minutes and can nothing do with the app is also the same problem on my IPad Air 1 IPadOS 16.3.1 i can only use my spotify on my desktop computer but i really use Spotify on my work every day but i can't use the app on my Apple devices and it really feel i spent my money on something that dont work! 

Spotify Version 8.8.18 dont work it keeps freeze the apple app after a little time when the app has reloaded or open!

melchiorgabor

Your device's make, model and OS version.

Apple iPhone XR iOS 16.3.1

The version of Spotify you're running.

An approximate number of playlists you have in Your Library and tracks in your Liked Songs.

2109 liked songs and probably about 40 playlists.

All troubleshooting you've tried so far.

I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling, I’ve offloaded the app and reinstalled, I cleared the cache, and restarted my device. The problem is still ongoing it’s been like this for basically a week now I feel like I’m paying for an unusable service. 

nanathan

Luckily, my subscription was due to renew the day after this first occurred, so I cancelled my subscription. I won’t be paying until it’s fixed 🤷‍.

Cglamour

This has been happening to me on mobile since a week or so before I updated to the new version, and it continues to happen, so it doesn’t seem like it is contained to just the new version. I do not have the version with Tik-tok-esque layout yet, or the AI DJ. It will take a long time for any of the album covers to load on the Home Screen, sometimes minutes. When clicking into a playlist or library, sometimes it just stalls on the three dot loading animation.

iPhone 12 mini 

iOS 16.3.1 

Spotify 8.8.16.643

6200 liked songs 

Maybe 100 personal playlists 

I’ve tried deinstalling the app and reinstalling it. I also updated my iOS. 

• Devices make/model/OS version:

Apple iPhone 12 iOS 16.3.1

• Version of Spotify:

• Approximate number of playlists and liked songs:

Between 300-500 playlists and around 10,000 liked songs

• Troubleshooting:

All normal trouble shooting. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Cleared my cache. Forced restart. I even was given a new account. 

This problem is still currently going on for me. It’s been a week and it’s still something that’s going on.

las3

iPhone 13

same version and basic problems as everyone else

around 2k playlists and liked songs 

_annnako
  • Your device's make, model and OS version.
    • iPhone 11, iOS 16.3.1
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
    • Most recent; 18.8.18
  • An approximate number of playlists you have in Your Library and tracks in your Liked Songs.
    • A lot of playlists; probably 1k. I've tried to delete ones I don't use and it's slightly helped with loading time. Still takes about 40 seconds each time though.
  • All troubleshooting you've tried so far.
    • Restarting phone, updating iPhone, clearing cache, deleting storage on Spotify and on iPhone, deleting and installing Spotify again over and over.

Please FIX!

tessrempel12
  • Your device's make, model and OS version: iPhone 8, iOS version 16.3.1
  • Version of Spotify: 8.8.18.559
  • An approximate number of playlists you have in Your Library and tracks in your Liked Songs: Thousands of playlists in Library; 60 liked songs
  • All troubleshooting you've tried so far.
    • Deleting and redownloading-redownloading works for period of time but it always ends up going back to frozen home screen after opened
    • Cleared cache, deleted downloads
    • Reset all settings on phone, restarted iPhone
    • no available IOS or spotify update on iPhone

agree with other user about note of 'plus' feature being a potential cause of the problem