Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify loads slowly / goes unresponsive on iOS

We've received reports from iPhone users saying the app is taking up to a few minutes to load before either being partially usable or simply crashing. Sometimes the playlist/album covers won't load at all and are unclickable. This behavior is currently being investigated.

Here are some screenshot examples of how this may look on your end:

1.png

Please note that this is different from Spotify stuck on logo screen on iOS. In case your app won't load past the logo screen, visit that issue instead.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Please also note that this was different from Spotify stuck on logo screen on iOS. In case your app won't load past the logo screen, visit that issue instead.

Have a good one!

Comments
Brunoamorettiusil

I have the same problem, please fix it. I’m a premium member I’ll ask for a cashback 

jamesbasler
  • Your device's make, model and OS version
    ... iPhone 14 Pro iOS 16.0.2
  • The version of Spotify you're running
    ... version 8.8.18
  • An approximate number of playlists you have in Your Library and tracks in your Liked Songs
    ... 1909 playlists, and 3498 liked songs
  • All troubleshooting you've tried so far.
    ... restarted app, restarted phone, uninstalled then reinstalled the app
Sketchy_

Plan

Free

Country

America

Device

iPad 10 

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

After Spotify did its lastest update, it was fine for at least a day or two to where I could use it normally. But when it hit the second or third day, the app wouldn't work as it would have every song, playlist, and podcast have the grey screen and even take a minute to load. And if I uninstalled and reinstalled, it do the same thing unless I use my phone or go to the website. 

cruella25708443

If Spotify is loading slowly or becoming unresponsive on your iOS device, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure you have a stable internet connection. You can test this by opening a browser and checking if other websites load without any issues.

2. Restart the Spotify app: Close the app by swiping it off from the app switcher and then relaunch it. This can help resolve minor issues.

3. Update the app: Ensure you have the latest version of the Spotify app installed on your device. Go to the App Store, search for "Spotify," and tap "Update" if an update is available.

4. Update iOS: Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.

5. Clear the app cache: Go to Settings > Storage > Spotify and tap "Offload App." This will remove the app without deleting your data. Reinstall the app from the App Store to clear the cache.

6. Check for app conflicts: Some apps may interfere with Spotify's performance. Close any background apps that could be causing the issue.

7. Reinstall the app: If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. Keep in mind that this will delete any downloaded music, so you will need to re-download it.

8. Contact Spotify Support: If you're still experiencing issues, reach out to Spotify Support for further assistance.

For additional help and more detailed guides, please visit the website: https://open.spotify.com/

xxcat

I have an Iphone SE 2020 with iOS 16.1.1. There’s 22,35 GB of storage left on my phone so that shouldn’t be a problem? Spotify 8.8.18.559. I would guess my playlists are in the thousands also. I think around 3000 likes and quite a lot of saved albums. The playlists in my library weren’t loading already before i experienced any of these issues but I didn’t really care. 

My spotify on my phone had been getting worse and worse over the past (two?) weeks. It would suddenly break off the song and I would need to open up Spotify entirely, then it would work again. It was worse when my phone was on battery save mode. It would also help if I kept the app open the entire time but when it started playing on background it couldn’t handle it anymore, it seems. I needed to restart the app more and more for it to work maybe 1/10 times, until it didn’t work at all. It will go to the home page and load some covers of playlists and albums but I can’t do anything with it. I’ve also have had it stuck on the Spotify logo but that’s not an issue anymore. Spotify on my laptop works fine. 

I had these issues like a year ago, and at some point everything was solved. I don’t know what I did then, but it helped to delete some apps that were linked to my Spotify account. I’ve did that this time as well (except apps for last.fm, discord, spotify wrapped), I reinstalled the app numerous times and it will work for maybe half an hour until it suddenly stops the song, closes the app and after that it isn’t working at all anymore.

cleangreenshirt

iPhone 14pro, iOS 16.3.1, Spotify version 8.8.18.559, thousands of playlists, 9000+ liked songs.

Ever since I recently updated my phone I’ve been experiencing this same issue as described. Spotify had me do a clean uninstall and re-install. Have cleared cache several times, removed downloads. Every time I’ve re-downloaded the app problem is gone for one search/a couple minutes, might even be able to play a track but it always crashes about a 1/4 of the way through playback and then the issues described return. Artwork is missing, 3 dots hover forever, navigation is stuck. This renders the app completely useless.

JuanDaDon

Really a nightmare I always listen to Spotify haven’t had this problem until iOS did this update and then Spotify had this update 

mrsf5

Three long and maddening weeks of crossing my fingers and holding my breath every time I tried logging into the app, only to meet with intermittent success… 

… but this afternoon’s app update seems to have finally done the trick. Knock wood: everything is running smoothly and efficiently again. THANK YOU, developers! 🙌 

qtron
Hi, try the new app , it s working great since this morning

updated the app and i still have the same problem