Spotify logo not displaying properly on BMW Connected Drive app.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

F31 2013 with the NBT Professional iDrive / 8.8 inch screen.

iPhone 5s 

Operating System

IOS 12.2 / Spotify Version 8.5.2

My Question or Issue

The BMW connected drive Spotify app doesn’t display properly in my car. The app appears to function ok for the most part, but the Spotify logo at the bottom looks too big and is chopped off half way. See pic below.

20190417_183848 (2).jpg

Why is this happening and what can be done about it? As it looks a bit unsightly.

I was also wondering if it’s possible to run a later version of the Connected Drive Spotify app in my car, as the current app that’s loaded looks a bit dated compared to images I’ve seen online of other versions. It doesn’t have a radio button for example – a feature I use often. See pic below.

P90169185-bmw-connecteddrive-bring-spotify-into-the-car-11-2014-1500px.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey all,

We'd like to mention that this issue is still being looked into. As soon as we have more info we'll let you all now.

So if you are experiencing this, please send over the following:

• Spotify version
  • Connected Drive version

Have a nice day!

Related Issues

Comments
Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2

Hey @dylmar thanks for reaching out to the Community,

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Jack :)

dylmar
Casual Listener

Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting back to me.

BMW iDrive Version NBT_I14275A
Spotify Version 8.5.2.666

I've already tried doing a clean install of both the Spotify and Connected Drive apps. I've also connected my Ipad Pro 9.7 to the Connected Drive app and experienced the same issue - chopped off logo.

Dylan

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all,

We're receiving reports from users that the Spotify logo is not centered in the BMW Connected Drive app.

If you are experiencing this, please send over the following:

• Spotify version
  • Connected Drive version

We'll look into this and keep you all up-to-date in this Ongoing Issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

donksauce
Casual Listener

Same issue here on my 2014 F13 with the NBT. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the spotify and BMW connected apps.

Spotify Version: 8.5.3

iDrive Version: NBT_O16255A

BMW Connected Version  10.1.2.1496

iOS version. 12.2

Update: After digging some more, I noticed I have a software update available for my headunit. I will do this and report back. To any other owners, please check at BMW.com/update to see if you have software available after keying in your VIN. 

Update 2: I updated my NBT software (upd05081.bin) with no luck. The logo is still misaligned. 

Dave4444

@dylmar wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 5s 

Operating System

My Question or Issue

The BMW connected drive Spotify app doesn’t display properly in my car. The app appears to function ok for the most part, but the Spotify logo at the bottom looks too big and is chopped off half way. See pic below.

20190417_183848 (2).jpg

Why is this happening and what can be done about it? As it looks a bit unsightly.

I was also wondering if it’s possible to run a later version of the Connected Drive Spotify app in my car, as the current app that’s loaded looks a bit dated compared to images I’ve seen online of other versions. It doesn’t have a radio button for example – a feature I use often. See pic below.

Thanks

@dylmar wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 5s 

Operating System

My Question or Issue

20190417_183848 (2).jpg

Thanks

Hi Eveyone.

I have the same problem with my Iphone 6S and my BMW 1 series 2018. Spotify can’t connect and i can’t play music with bluetooth either. Sometimes the music plays and then stop suddenly. My version of Spotify is the 8.5.3. 784 and my BMWConnected app is 10.1.2.1496. Can someone please help me out?

NigelMist

I have been having the same issue since March-ish. The Spotify logo appears uncentered and cut off under the album art. BMW i8, ConnectedDrive Version 10.1.2.1396, iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.2, Spotify version 8.5.3.784. 

workwie

Absolutely Same issue here, tbh I don’t think they’re going to fix this, how can it possibly take this long? 

workwie

Hello? How long will you guys take to fix this logo thing in Bmw? I’m going crazy here 

workwie

Is there any update ? 

Lala82
Casual Listener

Same here. BMW F31, iPhone 5s, Spotify version 8.5.5.715. Also latest BMW connected app.