Spotify logo not displaying properly on BMW Connected Drive app.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

F31 2013 with the NBT Professional iDrive / 8.8 inch screen.

iPhone 5s 

Operating System

IOS 12.2 / Spotify Version 8.5.2

My Question or Issue

The BMW connected drive Spotify app doesn’t display properly in my car. The app appears to function ok for the most part, but the Spotify logo at the bottom looks too big and is chopped off half way. See pic below.

20190417_183848 (2).jpg

Why is this happening and what can be done about it? As it looks a bit unsightly.

I was also wondering if it’s possible to run a later version of the Connected Drive Spotify app in my car, as the current app that’s loaded looks a bit dated compared to images I’ve seen online of other versions. It doesn’t have a radio button for example – a feature I use often. See pic below.

P90169185-bmw-connecteddrive-bring-spotify-into-the-car-11-2014-1500px.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We're glad to say that this should now be fixed for everyone :)

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to create a new thread in the help boards and we'll continue to look into it.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

Comments

40E03876-1DEA-43CA-880B-1DE029109DCB.jpegSame here. Spotify version 8.5.5.715 and Connected Drive version 10.1.3.1503

workwie

I wonder if they care at all, how long can this possibly take to fix, it’s a simple UI issue 

workwie

Sporify cares on Twitter gives me the same rehearsed answer that the ‘teams’ on the issue, what bs 

robdawn007

Hi my Spotify version is 8.5.6.630 and my bmw connected version is 10.1.3.1503 and still half logo ???

workwie

Today’s update fixed NOTHING are you serious Spotify?? This is getting ludicrous now 

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your continued patience.

Please keep in mind that out tech teams are aware and looking into this. We'll make sure to let you know as soon as we have any updates regarding this issue.

On another note, @Dave4444 what you're describing sounds like a different issue than the one in this Ongoing Issue. In this case, we'd recommend heading to one of the relevant boards in our Help section and start a new thread with the specific issue you have. We'll do our best to lend a hand there :)

workwie

Any updates miss? 

workwie

Just give us an option to download old Spotify on iOS App Store .. that’ll fix everything. 

workwie

Any updates ? 

workwie

As a paying member of Spotify , I feel utterly cheated by this response/ problems happen I understand, but they get FIXED, esp something as frivolous as UI issues. BMW has nothing to do with this, you just need to ‘rollback’ Spotify iOS to the version that worked previously with older Bmw connected whilst keeping the new features/ui intact. That can’t possibly take you over 3 months can it?