Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 15 inch late 2016

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14

My Question or Issue

High CPU usage is draining my laptop battery and causing it to heat up.

Aditionally, Spotify (1.1.3.259.g8172f63a) becomes non-reponsive when I attempt to quit it and must force quit every time.

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 8.57.17 AM.png

Hey all,

This seems to be fixed now. Let us know in the relevant Help Boards if this is still an issue for you :)

Have a nice day!

Comments
srchar
I've just switched to the Web player. They can probably mine less data from
it so screw 'em
erko29
Visitor

Also still have the same issue. 

Woudenberg
Visitor

Exactly the same error here, on version 1.1.14.475.g566c8beb on Mac OS 10.14.6 (18G87) very anoying.

LuHulio
Regular

I confirm this issue is still present in version 1.1.14.475.g566c8beb.

tnotnotno
Visitor

I am sorry but still not solved, as we can see on all responses in the recent weeks!. The only solution after such a long time for me is to start a trial period of Apple Music, import all my playlists using some of the tools available like http://soundiiz.com to get rid of this painful experience. My family may get upset for a time being, but it brings me an easier life even though I always wanted to support rather some alternative, than Apple-eveerywhere...

Carlboy03

I have a 2019 macbook air with 16gb ram. I am seeing constant 80+(sometimes 115%) of cpu usage. I cleared the cached files and still having same issues.

tnotnotno
Visitor

Spotify Web app really helps, but it does not open in Safari (had to use Chrome instedad), so still no answer from Spotify people???? Really???

tnotnotno
Visitor

Yesterday I received the only response so far, directly from support@spotify.com, but we shall see if any real support comes soon...:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're glad to hear that you've earned some points for being a part of our Spotify community. Don't worry, we'll do our best to keep on helping you and others out.

We're afraid we're unable to guarantee the time when our folks on the Spotify community will respond to your queries, but we're sure our team is working double time to check all queries sent to them, kindly allow them a little more time to respond.

Don't worry though, as soon as we’ve got anything to announce, we’ll let everyone know via the Spotify Community.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. You know where you can reach us.

All the best,

Derick

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” ― Bob Marley

Spotify Customer Support

supratwinturbo
Visitor

Any updates? This is still happening on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019) with i9 and 32GB ram. I'm using 1.1.14.475.g566c8beb of Spotify.

malthelm
Visitor

Having Same issue here 2015 macbook pro 15" Running mojave