Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 15 inch late 2016

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14

My Question or Issue

High CPU usage is draining my laptop battery and causing it to heat up.

Aditionally, Spotify (1.1.3.259.g8172f63a) becomes non-reponsive when I attempt to quit it and must force quit every time.

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 8.57.17 AM.png

Hey all,

This seems to be fixed now. Let us know in the relevant Help Boards if this is still an issue for you :)

Have a nice day!

Related Issues

Comments
jbutler363

Same problem here! Been happening for the last month.

srchar

Still not fixed in the latest version. I've disabled Spotify on my machine. If it's not fixed within the month, subscription will be cancelled and I'll switch to something else. Spotify is my favourite music service, but it's unusable like this.

jbutler363
Same here. Completely unusable. No acknowledgement that this is a real
issue.
LuHulio
Regular

Although the report marked this issue as "fixed" I am still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the desktop client (1.1.10.540) on macOS 10.14.5

CPU usage goes through the roof and the app won't close without forcing to quit.

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 19.29.12.png

Please advice.

LuHulio
Regular

Issue remains in latest 1.1.12.449.g4109e645 version.

tnotnotno
Visitor

I can see this problem in my macbookpro, nobody from spotify cares for years!!!

tnotnotno
Visitor

same issue

same issue

LuHulio
Regular

Issue remains in latest 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f version.

tnotnotno
Visitor

I am not sure if Spotify engineers watch the community issues at all? there must be some reaction in days, in all companies which care about their reputation, but here we get nothing at all...

gaj524
Visitor

This is not fixed on version 1.1.14.475.g566c8beb and Spotify is completely unusable for me as a result.

I have uninstalled, deleted spotify directories in Library/Caches and Library/Application Support, disabled Friend activity, disabled hardware acceleration, disabled crossfading, removed all playlists with local files, and disconnected offline devices. None of these suggestions helped and a few are pretty disruptive (redownloading all of the music I listen to offline is going to be painful assuming I can ever use Spotify again).

The application uses 100+% cpu immediately after opening even with nothing playing. Closing the application does not work and causes the application to stop responding. Please reopen this issue.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 2.23.56 PM.png