Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 15 inch late 2016

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14

My Question or Issue

High CPU usage is draining my laptop battery and causing it to heat up.

Aditionally, Spotify (1.1.3.259.g8172f63a) becomes non-reponsive when I attempt to quit it and must force quit every time.

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 8.57.17 AM.png

Hey all,

This seems to be fixed now. Let us know in the relevant Help Boards if this is still an issue for you :)

Have a nice day!

Comments

Hey @Glitched,

Thanks for your patience.

Can you help us get some timestamps of when you got this crash? :)

Have a nice day!

srchar

Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 20.51.04.png

MacBook Pro 2017, 6 core, 32GB, 560X

Glitched
Casual Listener

Hey, I wrote a long update a few days ago that I think needed to be approved. I just want to follow up on that to make sure that it sent successfully. 

Glitched
Casual Listener

Hey, just checking in on this and confirming Spotify is still unusable in 1.1.7

marcinosf

Hello,

I had the same problem for past few days on MacOS Mojave but I managed to find a workaround.

I installed an older version of Spotify (1.0.64.399 to be precise). The CPU consumption was fine when using that version. I waited for the application to find the latest update (after some time the usual spotify notification about the update showed up) and the CPU consumption is still fine after Spotify app updated itself to the latest version.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

rmfrench314
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem on a Windows 10 desktop.  Spotify is using more than half the CPU.

Status changed to: Fixed

Hey all,

This seems to be fixed now. Let us know in the relevant Help Boards if this is still an issue for you :)

Have a nice day!

101ksl

Hi there!

I am using latest version of Spotify on Macbook Pro A1502 Early 2015 running Mojave and Spotify itself is still a cause of enormous CPU usage and very high fan activity. Please try to solve this problem, the app is pretty much unusable right now. Thanks in advance.

dnlbrv
Casual Listener

Same problem.

Macos Mojave 10.14.5

Only open the Spotify app the cpu is 100%

Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 19.25.21.png

Please fix this! a lot of days whit this problem.

Thanxs.

prmnn

Screenshot 2019-06-13 at 11.15.11.png