Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify no longer registers data through usb connection on my Pioneer AVH-X4800BS DVD Receiver

My pioneer receiver that is made to support spotify is no longer able to register data sent from my phone via usb connection like it did before the update. This is a huge problem. The sound quality over Bluetooth Audio so terrible and is unreliable. I have been a premium spotify user for years and just bought a Pioneer AVH-X4800BS because it has spotify built in. How do I fix this connection issue? I have updated all firmware, uninstalled, reinstalled, this week has been trying to say the least. HELP! I dont want to switch to Apple Music, but that is my only other option if Spotify will not work anymore.

Hey @Oniman!

How did it go with the suggestion @Maria_B gave you? We haven't heard from you in a while, so we'll be closing the post for now. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to get back in contact. 

Cheers!

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Hail454! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! Could you reinstall the Spotify app on your phone? Also, what phone are you using with Spotify? Could you try this with a different app? Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Have a nice day!

Hail454

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it a lot. Today I once again uninstalled Spotify app, and reinstalled it later on (over 2 hours later)...still no data read by my Pioneer. I just bought an iPhone 6s Plus a few months ago. The AVH-X4800BS also has Pandora built in, just like it has Spotify. I downloaded app from iOS App Store, logged in, plugged into the usb dock connector in my car and it worked just like it when I first got the reciever. (I just never use Pandora because, well Spoitfy....duh lol). I also bought a new Apple lightning usb cable thinking there's a slight chance that could be the problem....it's not. I am running Apple's iOS version 10.3.1 and Spotify version 8.2.0.549. My Premium subscription has not been interupted. What's the next step? 

(Here is a link to the Pioneer reciever I have installed in my '08 Altima:  http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD+Receivers/AVH-X4800BS  )

Thank you for helping me!

-Hailey

Aimee_T

Thanks for letting us know!

We already released a new Spotify version for iOS. Could you make sure you have the new version? We'd recommend restarting your device by holding Home + Lock for 10 seconds. 

Take care 🙂

Oniman

I have the same problem I'm using an iPhone 6s the latest Spotify update

when I connect the phone Spotify does detect it's going through a dock connector 

but it doesn't function the only workaround I could do I use the iPod app. But that sometimes fails to register that there's music playing. It was working just fine before the April 3rd update for Spotify 

Aimee_T

That's odd.

Could you try to use your Pioneer AVH-X4800BS with another device? Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day 🙂

Oniman
Okay so I tried using my iPad with Spotify and it did work. I switched again to my phone and it wouldn't connect I plugged my iPad again and it worked. Until I decided to update the app on my iPad then it stopped working on the iPad too. Ever since the update on April 3rd it has not worked on my car radio
JuanSebastian

Thanks for letting us know that @Oniman.

Do you still have this issue when you use a wireless connection between your devices and your receiver? If it's possible, try logging into a different account than yours to see if this makes a difference. 

@Hail454, were you able to test the steps that we sent you before? Keep us posted.

Oniman
It does not work through Bluetooth either
Maria_B

That's odd @Hail454.

We'd like to get to the bottom of this. If possible, try to log in using a friend's account to see if this is still happening.

Keep us posted.

FabianS_Bogota
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @Oniman!

How did it go with the suggestion @Maria_B gave you? We haven't heard from you in a while, so we'll be closing the post for now. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to get back in contact. 

Cheers!