Spotify not opening on Windows 7

Description: An error pops up when opening Spotify on a device with Windows 7. 

"Cannot find 'API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-2.DLL'  please, reinstall this application."

Thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/001/page/1/thread-id/225127

To reproduce:

- Open Spotify

Device: PC

Operating System: Windows 7

Spotify App version1.0.69.323

Hey folks,

Thanks for the reports. We've heard back from the tech team, and this should now be fixed in the latest version of the app. 

If you haven't downloaded it already, we'd recommend following the steps here

Thanks for bearing with us!

Related Issues

Comments
pfenske

Today, when I try to open the windows 7 Spotify desktop player, I get this message: "Cannot find 'API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-2.DLL'  please, reinstall this application." This message also appears when trying to uninstall Spotify. Finally uninstalled successfully using Revo uninstaller, but when I re-installed Spotify, got the same message again. Anyone else having this, or know a fix? Thanks.

pfenske

Sorry, I meant the desktop app. The web player and Android app are working fine.

cloudsmaker
Roadie

I started having the same problem since yesterday, when I tried to update the program. Couldn't uninstall normally (had to remove manually from /local and /roaming folders in AppData and install again.

But it happens every time it tries to update (if i wanna use it again i have remove and install again, and again). But the app tries to update automatically whenever I start spotify, can't disable it so it's basically pointless...

Also I'm so relieved I;m not the only one with the problem.

Spotify, help!

System: Windows 7 Pro, SP 1

rkw0k

Also having the same trouble, windows 7

adrigrillo

I'm having the same problem too. At the moment the solution I found is what cloudsmaker wrote.

Thunraz

Same here. Windows 7 Professional.

Rock Star
Rock Star

@Thunraz @pfenske @adrigrillo @rkw0k @cloudsmaker

Hello guys,

Problem has been notified to Spotify techs. Keep an eye on this topic for an answer I hope fast enough.

Sorry for the inconvenience

thuglife

Same problem here on Win7 Pro SP1.

naitxhUnter

Yeah, better fix this. I'm from Chile and I updated recently on my Windows 7 and I have the same problem.

SecondHans

I got the same problem and I guess thousand of others have it too.

Can the Spotify techies give an update on when they expect to have a solution?