Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working on Amazon Fire TV

It no longer works on my Fire TV. I cannot log in or stream to it. None of the solutions on here work. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version on your Amazon Fire TV.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Asalas12

Just bought a Firestick and I have the same issues, the app on my phone says connecting but it never does, the login button seems to do nothing when i write my email/pw, the pair code doesn’t work either

gap123

Didn't help me. 

Kulmala11

I'm having the same problem on my new fire tv cube. The cube shows up on my phone in the app under spotify connect but when I select it, it just says connecting and does not. I tried logging into the app manually on my cube and it just hangs there too. I've done all the steps of uninstalling, reinstalling, signing out etc. So frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. 

Justdoitxo_

Same here, I tried rebooting the system the same way it is instructed above and it still won't show my device on my phone while connecting it to my Fire TV. Like the name of my device does not appear. But I'm glad I'm not the only one. Any help is appreciated. I hope this gets fixed.

gap123
  1. If it doesn't get resolved I'll have to consider a different service. I'm not paying a monthly fee for something that won't work.
Kulmala11

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Fire TV Cube

Operating System

Fire TV Cube

My Question or Issue

I'm having a problem on my new fire tv cube logging into spotify both using connect and manually through the app. The cube shows up on my phone in the app under spotify connect but when I select it, it just says connecting and does not. I tried logging into the app manually on my cube and it just hangs there too. I've done all the steps of uninstalling, reinstalling, signing out etc. So frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. 

dahamler

Same issues here in the United States, I've cleared the data/cache and reinstalled the app several times. I have 3 fire cubes in my home same issue with each.  

dahamler

Seems to be a common issue, I'm sure one of the Spotify techs will have a solution soon (hopefully). 

Kulmala11

At least I'm not alone. 

gradgirl
SpotifyCares on twitter said the following to my asking them about this same issue:

Hey there. Our developers are on the case as we speak. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon! Let us know if there is anything else we can help with you

I responded as follows: Okay so i am really not the only one reporting this?

They further replied: That's correct. Rest assured that we have the best team working on getting this issue resolved. If you ever need anything else, just shout and we'll come running

This issues has been so time consuming