Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working on Amazon Fire TV

It no longer works on my Fire TV. I cannot log in or stream to it. None of the solutions on here work. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version on your Amazon Fire TV.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
MatzeCaver

It's been like this since Saturday. When can a solution be expected?

inamo

I have the same issue on all my Fire TV devices in my household. In total four Fire TV Sticks and one Fire TV Cube is affected. The Alexa skill seems to work fine - at least I can use it with my Echo Dot. The Fire TVs respond to the skill command as well, but then start up the app. The app then demands me to log in, which does not work. It just happens nothing after entering my credentials or trying to connect to the device from my mobile. The devices show up in the Spotify app on my mobile, but nothing happens, if I try to connect to them. Pretty annyoing I have to say... and as other users already wrote this is not working for some days now.

ElVikingo

I understand that the issue is not with Spotify, but with the Amazon versión of Android. It has updated successfully on my old android tablet. The situation with the Firestick remains. I have this terrible sensation that it is a way to incourage us to try the deficient house alternative (Amazon Music Unlimited (HD)). The quality of sound is great. But the interface is rubbish and the streaming functoin does not work....

Please push Amazon to roll out the update so we can go back to using Spotify on Amazon....

lauraconti

Still can open my Spotify music with Amazon Fire Stick.

DSK2020

Mine hasn’t worked since Saturday. Same issues that everyone else is reporting. 

esefranganillo

Same issue here.

Spotify works fine on mobile (One Plus 6), computer and Amazon EcoShow 8 recently bought.

Can't login to Spotify from Amazon Fire Stick TV 4K. After selecting my user account it all stays "grey" and does nothing.

Jwbarth68

I am having same issue.  Login, nothing happens, stays on login screen.   Removed account.  Tried to login with Pin.  App says successful, but TV never moves off the pin screen.  Tried with email/password.  Just sits there.  Cannot even play through smart cast, even though the TV is a recognized device. 

Lu3185

It won't let me click vote or subscribe...how will I be notified when you have fixed the issue? 

darthspartan

Can't get anything on my firestick to work pin pair or normal with password. Did everything including reseting the whole device to defaults... Not sure how you guys managed to **bleep** this up so bad considering everything worked a few days ago. Buts it's the last straw for me. Other services have finally gotten equivalent libraries and I can get lossless with them. Only thing that kept me subbed to Spotify was the fact it worked everytime. 

rtrtrtr

Stopped working for me on Saturday like everyone else posting here. Can I get some money refunded?