Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working on Amazon Fire TV

It no longer works on my Fire TV. I cannot log in or stream to it. None of the solutions on here work. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version on your Amazon Fire TV.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
migueltaino1965

After the most recent update, I can no longer log in to the Amazon Firestick Spotify App. I get the message that the username/email and password combination is invalid. I know this is not true, because using the same email and password combination I can log in to my desktop and phone.
I have also tried detecting the device using the spotify app on my phone, but I cannot detect it. I am out of options and becoming extremely frustrated.
Is anyone else having the same problem or have any possible solutions?

Jemi

Hey @migueltaino1965,

Sorry for the delay. Try restarting all your devices (and speakers). Also, make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify apps are up-to-date.
  • All devices’ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Katierozum

how do we login if we usually login with facebook on other devices.  I have my firestick and other devices on the same wifi network and it will not let me play music even if I choose 'connect other devices'

Faviola

Hi Jemi,

I am having the same issue. I've done/tried all of your suggestions, but I'm still unable to log in, cast spotify from both my mobile and desktop computer. I just purchased this FireTV Stick yesterday so it should be up to date and so is the app itself. Please advise.

Thank you in advance!

FlicksWFriends

Same problem, the "login with facebook" option disappeared with the new update and it won't allow the username and password for the account to be used. The ONLY other option is streaming, which is not only NOT ideal but defeats the purpose of having the app on the firestick. If I'm booting it up on my phone, I'll listen there. Please advise.

Guido

Hey @Katierozum and @FlicksWFriends,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you'd like to login with your Facebook profile, be sure to request a Spotify password here. Put the email address associated with your Facebook profile into the field and we'll help you to get a password. You'll then log in using your email address as a username.

As for @migueltaino1965, try the following if you don't have an account created via your Facebook profile but you do have a Premium account: Open your email and look for an email receipt we send out at the beginning of a subscription. This receipt contains a username which you may use to login on your Fire Stick.

Hope it does the trick. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

beccadee

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016, iPhone SE, Fire Stick with Alexa

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14.3, iOS 12.1.4, Fire OS 5.2.6.8

My Question or Issue

Spotify on my Macbook Pro and iPhone SE are no longer registering my Alexa Fire TV as an available device for Spotify Connect. I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting my Fire Stick. Spotify Desktop and iPhone app are both up to date and I verified all devices are connected to the same WiFi network.

Any ideas??

Guido

Hey @beccadee.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Let's try the following to reboot the whole setup:

1. Remove Spotify from your Fire Stick
  2. Remove Spotify from your mobile device
  3. Unplug the Fire Stick from the TV
  4. Unplug the router for a few minutes from the power
  5. Install Spotify back on your mobile device and use the steps from this page to set everything up

Hope it will work again! Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day

Tridog182

I just started having this issue yesterday. I've confirmed the same network, and tried different networks, but my phone will not stream to Firestick Spotify. It won't connect; the phone app just says "connecting" while Firestick is stuck on the instructions. I've tried logging in to Spotify on the Firestick with email and password, and the screen is stalled after clicking "Log In" as if it's not processing. Doesn't seem to be any way to get logged in.

Firestick is the main way I listen to Spotify so I really want to get this resolved!

Kelliott79

Having the same issue this morning. Worked fine all day yesterday. Uninstalled app on fire stick. Uninstalled app on phone. Reset the network. Made sure they were on the same network. All apps updated. Reset Spotify password. Cannot log in via app on fire stick. Can see it via the phone app, but it will not connect. Obviously something not end user related going on.