Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on AAOS won't play individual songs from search results or through voice command

Hey,

We’re receiving reports that users on AAOS (Android Automotive OS) are unable to play a specific song from the search results in the Spotify or when requested through voice command. Instead, the Now playing view will show "No title”. However, playing playlists and albums works as expected.

Hey folks!

Thank you for your patience!
We've made some changes backstage and all should be working well now.
Update your apps to the latest version and let us know in case the issue persists 🙂
Cheers!

Comments
DaanBusman

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge

Operating System

Car-Integrated Android OS 

My Question or Issue

When i start playing songs through the system included Spotify App, the app only plays Playlists like “This is” and playlists with one track but when i for example start playing One from Metallica it doesn’t stream, it doesn’t even buffer but it shows up on the search results. Even when trying Google Assistant to play the song, The Assistant announces the song but it doesn’t play.
But when using Apple Carplay, the music streams with no problem. but i don’t like the idea of constantly connecting my phone to the car via a usb cable or paying extra for a Carplay Dongle

The Streaming Quality is set to Automatic and the account i am using is a Premium account

AlejaR

Hey @DaanBusman,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

For starters, we'd suggest performing a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app on your device to see if you notice any difference. This process cleans any damaged cache that might be stored in it. You can give it a try by following the steps in this article.

On another note, if that doesn't do the trick, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details. It'd be awesome if you share with us the exact Spotify version you have running on your device.

Lastly, is this happening on another of your devices while you're using the Connect feature? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can log in to your account on, for example, a computer, to check how the app goes.

Keep us in the loop!

vinceb1117

When I initiate a search request via the on-board AAOS Spotify app, or thru Google Assistant for a specific song; no playback will occur and the “now playing” screen will show “no title”. If I search by album or artist, all is normal and well. The same search techniques using Tidal are 100% operational in the car.      

I’ve tried the usual troubleshooting hacks:

• 1.) Multiple infotainment reboots.
  • 2.) Uninstall/Install Spotify App on car. (w/reboot in between)
  • 3.) Uninstall/Install on iPhone.
  • 4.) Force logout on all devices thru Spotify website.

AAOS: Polestar ver. P2.3

AAOS Spotify App - latest per Google Play

iPhone 14 Pro i0S 16.1

Premium User Plan

Issue has been consistent since the beginning of the week.  There are multiple users reporting the same behavior on PolestarForum. 

RingRat

Im having the same exact issue in a 2023 polestar w

triplejnj

Same issue in my 2022 Polestar 2. Frustrating since I just recently dropped my Amazon Music account for Spotify.

vinceb1117

This is the exact same issue that myself and others are having on our Polestar 2's with Spotify running on our AAOS Volvo based vehicles. 

danffer

I have the exact Same problem. Volvo XC60 running the latest Spotify app version (did the reinstall and clean cache already)

DaanBusman

It’s been a problem since i received the car, i find it really terrible there is not a solution for this.. already tried reinstalling spotify

DaanBusman

Have the same problem on the 2023 XC40 Recharge

Snz2

Yep. Exact same issue on the Polestar 2 2023 as well. Hoping Spotify can fix this.