Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Spotify on windows size and location save on close

I have my taskbar orientation set up at the top (as opposed to normally at the bottom). If you move and resize the Spotify player to your preference then close it and open it again it will reset to the default size and position. Issue does not exist when taskbar orientation is at the bottom. Please fix. This has been occuring for many months now. The "run as administrator" solution only works when your taskbar is at the bottom, not at the top like I have it.

Hey there.

Our tech folks have been looking into this backstage, and despite their best efforts haven't been able to replicate the issue. In this case, we're going to close up the thread for now.

However, we'd recommend checking you don't have any other programmes installed that could be interfering with things here. If the issue does still persist after checking for other programmes and reinstalling, we'd suggest starting a new thread so that we can pass this info on.

Let us know if there's any questions.

/M

Comments
Laura
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey @EH15!

Could you let us know the Windows and Spotify versions you're running?

We'll see what we can suggest.

EH15

Spotify version is 1.0.33.106.g60b5d1f0

Running Windows 10

Natalie

Thanks for the info @EH15!

It may sound simple, but could you try a clean reinstall following these exact steps?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Leo

Hey @EH15,

As we haven't heard anything for a little while, we're going to close this thread for now. If there's anything we can help you with, just let us know. Keep us posted on the reinstall 🙂

EH15

I did clean re-install with the given instructions but the problem persists. I also installed on a 2nd desktop to see if it was just this machine but the issue also exists on  my 2nd desktop. Please see for yourself. Set the Windows taskbar to 'Top' and resize/move the Spotify window around. Close Spotify, re-open Spotify and you'll see the orientation has changed.

EH15

Anyone?

Leo

Hey @EH15

Thanks for giving that a go and letting us know how it went. 

We've passed the info on to the right folks and we're sure they'll get to the bottom of this.

We'll keep you posted - stay tuned 🙂

Melody

Hey folks!

This is just a quick check-in to let you know that the right folks are still on the case.

As soon as we have any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks for bearing with us 🙂

Jim

Hey All.

Just to let you know that we're still awaiting an update from our tech teams.

We'll keep you in the loop once we hear back.

Thanks,

Jim

Alejandar

Hey @EH15!

We really appreciate your patience. We also wanted to let you know that our Tech team's still looking into this. Stay tuned as we'll share any updates here.

Thanks for bearing with us 🙂