Spotify playlists getting reset?

I follow different playlists like Indie Pop Chillout, Classical Essentials, etc.  I was listening to Classical Essentials yesterday, taking the ones I like the most and putting it on my own playlist.  Today it got updated, it said in my notifications, "Spotify added 100 tracks to Classical Essentials"... So I'm like okay.

It had done this to other playlists I've followed and it reset them all but they were all still there with maybe one new one.  Now, there's all these new songs, with only some of the ones that were there.  I went through my created playlist of 20 of the songs from that were there, and there were only 2 left in Classical Essentials.  So... what?  Why did they completely change the playlist instead of creating a new one, or just simply adding an actual 100 new songs.  It says there are 97 songs in the playlist now.  I mean I'm just so confused as to why this happens at the most random time to different playlists.

It happened to "Deep House Relax" a little while ago, it happened to "indie Electronica"... also the "Indie Pop Chillout" playlist is always removing songs.  By now it'd have 500+ songs but so many of them are gone, they keep adding new ones and taking others off.  I REALLY don't get why they keep doing stuff like this.

I'm tired of this!

Hello @Blahsheep, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Spotify updates songs on playlists all the time to keep the music fresh!

If you like a specific combinations of songs from a playlist i would suggest that you make a playlist with the songs you like from those playlists 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

Comments
jean3601
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hello @Blahsheep, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Spotify updates songs on playlists all the time to keep the music fresh!

If you like a specific combinations of songs from a playlist i would suggest that you make a playlist with the songs you like from those playlists 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

Blahsheep

Hello, yes, I get that, but it doesn't make sense to keep some, but take so many off without any notice.  Also, some playlists just reset with all the same music for no reason.  

jean3601

Hello @Blahsheep

If you feel like you want to change this, you can submit an idea here to change it 🙂

I hope this helps! 🙂