Spotify randomly skips and directs to the artist BudSellers

When I open Spotify and play one of my playlists, something changes the song and it always lands on "My Dawg" by BudSellers.

I have never heard that song before and I don't have it in any playlist. 

So now I can't listen to my music anymore, because it either skips the song after about 20 seconds to another one and then lands on BudSellers or it lands on BudSellers right away. 

I have logged out all devices already, but the problem continues to exist. 

Hey folks,

The team are aware of this one, and have now looked into things.

We're going to close this one up, but as mentioned before we'd recommend signing out everywhere and resetting your password.

If anyone has lost access to their account in the meantime, please check out these steps for what to do next

Don't hesitate to reach out in a new thread if there's anything else!

Thanks for your patience while this was looked into.
/M

Related Issues

Comments
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hi @user-removed, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

user-removed
Not applicable
But nobody else has gained access to my account? The problem continued
to exist even after I signed out all devices...
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey again @user-removed, 

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the appreinstall. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what we can suggest!

andyisavinit

I have the same problem. And have done on and off for the last month.

The song i'm playing stops about a minute in then skips to "Give Hustlers Goose Bumps" by Budsellers

It's been doing it on and off all day. Who are budsellers - they/him/her don't sound good.

On previous occassions it isn't budseller, i can't remember but it wasn't my playlist.

wth – It's just started playing another budsellers track as i type. And spotify was even paused!!!!

I've updated to the latest app as suggested.

I'm on a mac 10.13 (high sierra) And latest spotify (1.0.77.338).

Please spotify sort this out. It isn't someone else hacking my account!

aladag

I have the same problem, and I have tried every step that was mentioned here. It abruptly switches to BudSellers, I never listened to them and it also does not make any sense to say that someone might have access to the account since many people experience with the same artist

tylersimp16

It sounds as though your account has been hacked. I'd change your password immediately and then log back into your primary device to see if that works

Tina_maelle

Same problem for me, I restarted the device, changed the password (twice) update and totally reinstal the application in my phone and same issue, still happening, any other original solutions to keep trying??

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey again @andyisavinit,

are you getting a pop-up message when this happens? If so, a screenshot would help very much.

Have a nice day!

LK608

andyisavinit

@LK608 wrote:

Hey again @andyisavinit,

are you getting a pop-up message when this happens? If so, a screenshot would help very much.

Have a nice day!

LK608

No pop up message. It just skips to it.

It did it again today. Same artist - budsellers.

As someone else said, surely i can't have my account hacked, becuase there are other poeple experiencing the same thing with it skipping to budsellers. Unless there are loads of hackers out there who love budsellers.! unlikely as it sounds sh*t

Anyway today when it happened I hit skip to next track and the artist changed, but the wierd thing is that the album covers look almost identical in design. And the music sounds very similar. Electronic, bleepy, loops.

The weirdest thing though is that last night at about 3 am i woke to hear this horrible music coming from my mac. I got up and my mac was in sleep mode but spotify was playing this music. Very odd as it was in sleep mode. It was 3 am so i just woke my mac and hit mute, then went back to bed. In the morning discovered it WAS spotify.

Really wierd. Like being possessed.

Keep posting everyone. 

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey again @andyisavinit,

could you maybe ask a friend to log into his account using your device and see if the same happens to him?

Let me know how it goes and

Have a nice day!

LK608