Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify says I need to update chrome, but there aren't any updates

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Version 7.4

My Question or Issue

When I try to play music on the website or the app, Spotify says I need to install the newest version of Chrome. I checked my Chromebook multiple times and every time it tells me that there are no updates. I tried downloading Spotify to my computer but that yielded the same results. I can still browse my playlists/music, but when I hit the play button I get this message. This is what the screen saysThis is what the screen says

Hey all,

Issue should now be fixed!

Try clearing cache and cookies if you are still experiencing and be sure that Chrome OS and your webbrowser are all up-to-date.

Let us know what the result is. Looking forward to your reply!

Have a nice day.

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey all,

Issue should now be fixed!

Try clearing cache and cookies if you are still experiencing and be sure that Chrome OS and your webbrowser are all up-to-date.

Let us know what the result is. Looking forward to your reply!

Have a nice day.

PaulTran107

It still doesn't work for me. I was a bit surprised other people were having this issue because my Chrome version IS actually outdated and it's already passed the end of life. I'm currently using Version 65.0.3325.209. I tried using a different chromebook with different wifi and it still didn't work but haven't rechecked after the fix. 

jannatferoza

mine is now working!

MAD_SHEEPz

Spotify No Longer Supports This Version Of Chrome.

It's October now, and yet im still receiving this Error Message! Despite the fact I've cleared my Cache and Cookies, I have tried going Incognito or using a different account, AND Chrome still doesn't have a new update.  Is anyone else still having this problem? or am I the only one person Spotify won't let listen to their music? I know the Spotify Moderators have other issues they need to fix, but it's almost been two months now. Are we ever gonna get a solution?

boutboulman

You're not alone, @MAD_SHEEPz, it's still not working for me either.
Based on my first post on this thread (which I know was already weeks after another post I had made about this issue), it has now been over THREE months that this has not worked for me.
At this point I'm paying for a service that I'm quite simply not getting.

Can anyone help? Or at least respond? @Guido you were the one to mark this fixed, do you have any extra information? Clearly it is still not working for some.

Katerina

Hey there,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

@MAD_SHEEPz and @boutboulman, if you're still having troubles with this, we'd recommend reporting this in a new thread in the relevant Help boards section. We'd also suggest adding all relevant information, for example details on the device and browser this is happening on.

This way, we can take a look and lend a hand there.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else.

ninclemdo

I still have this issue. My Chrome OS has been fully updated, and I've cleared my cache and cookies, yet I still get the error. I can get a second or two of the song before the error message appears.

daniocp

Same problems here, fully updated chromebook, cleared cache, still doesn't work.

cpotter84

I've done everything (cleared cache/cookies, updated Chrome) and like many others, it still doesn't work.  Is Spotify still working to resolve this?  Or is it being treated as "solved" even though there appears to be a lot of us still experiencing the problem?  As others have said, it's been months.

boutboulman

@Katerina you recommend making a new thread, which I have done, but this has been either ignored or missed.
Please reply to my post here and advise: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Spotify-webplayer-failing-to-work-on-...

@Guido you have marked the issue as fixed, I also attempted to tag you into the new thread I created. Please respond.

@MAD_SHEEPz, @ninclemdo@daniocp@PaulTran107 are all users that I have seen in either this or other threads complaining that this was still not working - add on to that @cpotter84 now.
Please post to my new thread if this issue is still affecting you, thank you.

This has been and continues to be very frustrating, all the more so for the lack of communication.