Free

Country

USA

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Version 7.4

My Question or Issue

When I try to play music on the website or the app, Spotify says I need to install the newest version of Chrome. I checked my Chromebook multiple times and every time it tells me that there are no updates. I tried downloading Spotify to my computer but that yielded the same results. I can still browse my playlists/music, but when I hit the play button I get this message. This is what the screen saysThis is what the screen says

Hey all,

Issue should now be fixed!

Try clearing cache and cookies if you are still experiencing and be sure that Chrome OS and your webbrowser are all up-to-date.

Let us know what the result is. Looking forward to your reply!

Have a nice day.

Comments
Snanlawala03

Version 74.0.3729.159 (Official Build) (64-bit) 

School-controlled but the problem arose at home on my own network. 

Thanks

Rasiadunn
Regular

Mine is school controlled as well, but, for reasons I'm willing to go into but don't care to explain right now, I have teacher-level access to the things normally blocked to students, Spotify included. Therefore, the school blocking Spotify should be ruled out as a possibility. 

Rasiadunn
Regular

@Brunelicia 

I don't quite fancy the idea of having to completely clear all my cookies and caches, and as others have already stated, it's done nothing, anyway. I tried incognito and nothing changed. Again, all it did was play a few seconds of the song before stopping and showing me the error message. I tried another account and the same problem arose with that as well.

tjaschka
Visitor

I also tried the DRM trick (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/quot-Spotify-no-longer-supports-this-...) and all the others, still not working. Tried to change the user-agent, but it's of no use.

Plan

Student

Country

Germany

Operating System

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64bit

Browser

Firefox Quantum 60.5.2esr

Network

work

sukhduck
Visitor

Same problem as the above.
Spotify seems to wants both chrome and firefox to update itself even though no updates are available. I am also on a linux device

raquelmsampaio
Casual Listener

Device

thinkpad

chrome version 74

jannatferoza
Visitor

mine hasn't worked for awhile either. it's a school-given chromebook, but the first day i got it, spotify was working fine.

MR02
Visitor

Still isn't working. As with most people here, I'm using a school chromebook.

PaulTran107

It's really frustrating how we haven't gotten a response other than the first one which doesn't seem to work anyways.

jrdrgz
Visitor

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

United States of America

Device

Dell Precision T1700 (work computer)

Operating System

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

Browser

Google Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I get the same issue, hopefully 

Related Issues