Spotify search function not working

For a really long time now I have had problems with the search function on the desktop version of Spotify on my Mac. It has started to drive me insane. When I try to search something it will either load for ages and give me no results or the screen will just stay black even though I have typed in information in the search bar and have pressed enter. The same happens when I click on the name of an artist or friend. It just re-directs me to a black screen that gives me nothing. I tried deleting spotify off of my mac and then re-installing it. After doing so it worked once and then went straight back to the same issue...

Somebody please help me.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 20.52.24.png

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread. If you're still having this issue, don't hesitate to let us know.

We're always here to help!

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @wevr! Thanks for your report!

That's not cool! Let's get to the bottom of this. Could you try to reinstall the Spotify app with these steps? That should help. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread. If you're still having this issue, don't hesitate to let us know.

We're always here to help!