Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Hi!! Whenever I pause my music and lock my phone, it starts playing automatically. I have this issue for about 2 weeks now. How to solve this? 

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports and patience thus far!

We've done some magic backstage and this should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If you're having troubles, first make sure that the app is rocking the latest version available. You can also try a quick reinstall

If that doesn't do the trick, don't hesitate to let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Comments
Darbnhuk

Sorry to hear that it's not working out for you. The issue is very frustrating to say the least... However, I havent had the issue since I uninstalled, rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app (in that exact process). I did not make any changes to any settings. On your behalf, I actually emperically tested this before posting.  

FYI. I connect to my car or truck daily and I also use bluetooth headphones at work. My vehicles are set to automaticaly connect to my phone. When I shut the car/truck off, spotify now stops playing, as it should. The power button does not cause Spotify to play when I lock the phone. The weird thing is, my wife has never had the issue with her phone (same model and software). It was only mine that had the debacle. If the issue crops up again, I will be sure to post. I hope the information helps and good luck!

WuMyster

Does deleting Spotify and reinstalling delete downloaded songs? 

If so, that isn’t a good enough solution to this problem since I’ll have to spend absolutely ages downloading everything back since I’ve got hundreds of local songs saved into my songs through a tedious workaround. 

ZaphBeeblebrox

Yes it does. 

I should make this clear to anyone reading, uninstalling Spotify DOES indeed delete all of your downloaded songs. 

(However I personally don’t find it much of an issue as I tend to download songs in their entirety from albums/playlists) 

Edit: changed ‘downloading’ to ‘downloaded’

ZaphBeeblebrox

Thanks Darbnhuk.

Unfortunately this fix does not work for me in the long term, but worth a try! 

Cyxxon

I have the exact same problem here. It also only seems to happen after disconnecting from my car stereo (Bluetooth), but not my Bluetooth headsets, and it also started like... one or two weeks ago. The only temporary workaround for me is force quitting Spotify, but I will try and reinstall it now.

iPhone Xs
iOS 12.2

Spotify 8.5.0.833

ericvega

Same issue here. Happens 90% of the time, espescially frustrating when in public.

hondaadv

Has been happening through 2 iOS updates as well. Plays even when the app has been forced closed. It gets triggered by waking/locking even when receiving phone calls. 

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We're receiving reports that tracks automatically resume playing after pressing the Lock button on iPhone devices.

We've passed this on to our tech teams and they'll be looking into it.

If you're experiencing this even after a quick reinstall of the app, please make sure to add your +VOTE to stay updated. It'd be also helpful to let us know the following details:

• Your device info
  • The OS version of your device
  • The version of the Spotify app

We'll let you know as soon as we have any info, thanks!

DeeFel

In my case, even if I shut down the Spotify app completely it will start playing randomly on it's own.

I have to open the app and pause it and then shut it down again to make it stop. It's getting annoying as it interrupts my listening at times to other apps such as Abide.

running Android 9 

I also uninstalled and installed the app, but it still keeps happening. 

Cyxxon

Aaaand it was back today after reinstalling.