Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts playing automatically when locking my iPhone

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Hi!! Whenever I pause my music and lock my phone, it starts playing automatically. I have this issue for about 2 weeks now. How to solve this? 

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports and patience thus far!

We've done some magic backstage and this should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If you're having troubles, first make sure that the app is rocking the latest version available. You can also try a quick reinstall

If that doesn't do the trick, don't hesitate to let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Comments
SeaG

Having the same issue just quit Spotify when I get out of the car. 

BenC97

Very annoying to need to mentally do that when I pay for a family subscription each month. 

I updated the the app to the newest release and this was fixed for a short time but has started again.

Anygreg

I’m also experiencing the same issues on iPhone XS. Phone resumes playing last track after leaving the vehilce. Spotify media player is visible on lock screen, end up battling with it to turn it off. Resulting in closing down the Spotify app totally to stop it playing the last track. Only happened since last update.

unistalling, deleting and reinstalling made no difference. Lock button resumes playback of tracks. Must have something to do with no home button and having Face ID I’m guessing?

annehlie

Same issue.

iPhone XR, iOS 12.2

restarted iPhone and App, reinstalled App, new login into the app: nothing works or helps. It does not happen every time but in the most inadequate times. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Jemi

Hey everyone, 

Can you make sure to reinstall your apps, and then let us know the app version along with the info requested in the status update? We'll make sure to let the right team know.

Thanks!

godvater

I didn’t have any issues since a week and cant reproduce the bug right now. I don’t know what has changed but I am glad it’s fixed now. 

Also reinstalling the app didn’t help when I had the issue. 

Homer525cz

Hello, my issue seems also fixed, 3 days without playing after lock my phone. 👍

Katerina
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports and patience thus far!

We've done some magic backstage and this should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If you're having troubles, first make sure that the app is rocking the latest version available. You can also try a quick reinstall

If that doesn't do the trick, don't hesitate to let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand 🙂

Have a lovely day!

BlueFoxStupid

I have the exact same problem again, after almost half a year. The app is turning itself on and off whenever it pleases, skips songs, etc. 

Even if I closed the app it'll just turn on by itself randomly - I started leaving my headphones on my phone because it started blasting music while I was at important meetings.

This is just not acceptable.

I tried reinstalling the app, but the issue is still there.

I don't use an iPhone and I have the latest Version of the app. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm paying money to listen to music, but I can't if the app doesn't work at all.

Please help.

-Blue

Miraçhan

Help me pls. I'm using Spotify for Windows 10 and it just started automatically going next or previous song when I just click once. And it never stops until I pause the song. Idk how to fix this so pls help me