Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Hi!! Whenever I pause my music and lock my phone, it starts playing automatically. I have this issue for about 2 weeks now. How to solve this? 

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports and patience thus far!

We've done some magic backstage and this should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If you're having troubles, first make sure that the app is rocking the latest version available. You can also try a quick reinstall

If that doesn't do the trick, don't hesitate to let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Comments
russe447

I’m having the same issue as well on ios 12.2 on an XR. I tried doing the same using Apple music but it works fine. So it’s at least a Spotify issue and not an Apple ios issue.

cerchia

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app which seemed to fix it immidiately after that, but it came back today!  Same issue!  Help Spotify!

iPhone XS

iOS 12.2

Latest version of everything.

ZaphBeeblebrox

I have also had a repeat of the problem. 

Sounds like we we will have to wait for a patch.

Interesting that it only seems to be affecting iPhone X and later as I am also on an iPhone XS

Ilya111002

Exact same issue, IPhone X, when I disconnect from apple car play and lock the phone it then starts playing, pause it and lock it again starts playing again, only way to stop is quitting the app...

ZaphBeeblebrox

Interesting, may be an issue with Bluetooth devices as I have only experienced the problem since using airpods

akitten007

Same issue here. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling yesterday and the issue came back immediately. I do use airpods regularly but the bug happens no matter what. Only stays paused if I don't use the power button to lock it. Apple Music and other media apps work fine.

Iphone XS

Ios 12.2

Spotify version 8.5.0.833

SomeCake

iPhone XS here as well. It doesn’t happen when I’m on Bluetooth though, it’s only when I’m playing music on my phone by itself

Ilya111002

I deleted the app and re downloaded it and it has fixed the issue so far.

mfintonis

I'm experiencing the same exact issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app seems to fix it temporarily, but after my phone connects to my car with bluetooth, it will SOMETIMES (not always) start occurring again until I then uninstall and reinstall again.

chrismaert

Reinstalling helped for a while, but now the issue has returned.