Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Hi!! Whenever I pause my music and lock my phone, it starts playing automatically. I have this issue for about 2 weeks now. How to solve this? 

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports and patience thus far!

We've done some magic backstage and this should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If you're having troubles, first make sure that the app is rocking the latest version available. You can also try a quick reinstall

If that doesn't do the trick, don't hesitate to let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Comments
Scerreta

I am having the same issue on my iPhone XS Max. Running iOS 12.2. Running Spotify version 8.5.1

ZaphBeeblebrox

Hi all,

Spotify have confirmed this is being investigated. If you are experiencing this issue please return to this page and press the “vote” button to indicate how widespread the issue is. 

jhutch7

Yeahh I’m not going to delete and reinstall because I have about 4000 songs saved offline. NO THANKS just find the bug and release update to fix it, please

neilpopson

Same issue here.

iPhone XS

iOS 12.1.1

Spotify 8.5.1 (also happened on 8.5.0).

Challis

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

when using Spotify on my phone I will pause the music (either in the app or from my home screen) then, when I lock my home screen (by pressing the sleep/wake button) the music will play again. If the phone is left to lock on it’s own, the issue does not present. 

The only way to stop this is to force quit the Spotify app. 

godvater

YES! Same thing happening with my iphone Xr. This is  a must fix issue. I went in to a meeting and locked my phone only to hear full volume music coming from my phone. This is not acceptable! I thought the latest update would fix this but no! It's still there!

Scerreta

I’d like to add here, it appears as though when I allow the phone to go into rest mode on its own, the music does not playback. Only when I hit the side button to force it into restart mode does the music playback.

AntoTapa
  •  
dssjonny

Same issue on

iPhone X

iOS 12.2

Spotify 8.5.1.1085

Taylor-Beth

I found a solution that may not work for everyone, but it works for my phone, the XR. Turn off your phone using the sleep/wake button. Now, turn on the phone, but don’t open it yet. Pause the music. Now open your phone and turn it off again. The music should be paused and even if you turn your phone on and off again, the music should not play.