Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts playing automatically when locking my iPhone

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Hi!! Whenever I pause my music and lock my phone, it starts playing automatically. I have this issue for about 2 weeks now. How to solve this? 

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports and patience thus far!

We've done some magic backstage and this should be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If you're having troubles, first make sure that the app is rocking the latest version available. You can also try a quick reinstall

If that doesn't do the trick, don't hesitate to let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Comments
dkitchen0516

THIS STILL HAS NOT BEEN FIXED! WHAT **bleep** SPOTIFY!

GS127

With the new Spotify update of May 10th it has now stopped for me 

londoncalling12

Any update on this? I’m still experiencing this 

TimHansonE36

@londoncalling12 wrote:

Any update on this? I’m still experiencing this

As of today, there was an update to build 8.5.5.715 which SEEMS to have fixed the issue, but I’ll comment back if that’s not the case after more usage. Check your App Store updates if you haven’t yet.
Hughesyonline

Spotify automatically playing on lock with no sound.  It is massively draining the battery.  A number of my work colleagues with Spotify accounts and IPhones have same issue

JoeJG

After the latest Spotify update today, this bug seems to have been fixed. Will keep an eye on it for a few day. Thanks to the Devs for fixing this!

Julean
Guys, just try Apple Music. I feel like it’s a better music composition anyway 👌🏻
peerfineer

after the latest update all seems fine finally.

iphone x

ios 12.3

AmandaHawkyHawk

Hi darling ones at Spotify,

I absolutely love your app, I use it for hours every single day.

The issue described by other uses is also happening on my iPhone X. 

Is is there anything I am able to do to fix this? I was in the elevator and Rage Against The Machines ‘killing in the name of’ right at the very explicit part started playing - I had a decent laugh and loved the reactions from other people in the lift. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you kindly, Amanda. 

godvater

As others have mentioned, the only solution so far is to shut down the app completely.

There is no permanent solution sadly, we need to shut down the app every time I take my headphones out. I have tried completely reinstalling the app but it didn't help either.