Spotify starts playing randomly while not using app

When i've paused a song i was listening to on Spotify (8..4.43 - premium) and close the app, close my phone and put the phone away, Spotify will start playing suddenly , continuing the song i was listening to. This happens about three times every hour and startles me! It also often puts the song on Pause without me anywhere near my phone. Then I have to push the Play button in the app to get it playing again.

This happens when when i use the app on my iphone connected with a wifi speaker , but also when i just use the app on my laptop (Windows, not apple) without use of any other speakers.  This proves to me that the fault is in the app. Please help?!

Hey @CA77!

We're closing this thread since we haven't had any updates about it in a while.

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

All the best.

0 Likes
Comments
ZullyB
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @CA77, welcome to the Spotify Community!

To start, can you let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using? When did this start happening exactly? Was it after an update?

Also, Can you try the steps here for us? They should help with this.

Keep us posted 🙂

CA77
Casual Listener

Thanks so much for responding. The steps you suggest i’ve executed several times without result. 

THe Spotify version is 8.4.43.  

I have trouble when using the app on the following devices:

- iphone (ios 11.2.6) when in the app i choose my Bose soundtouch wifi speaker  to play the music on (Not when i choose to play just on the phone itself)

- Fujitsu notebook laptop mdel U747, when i just play music on there. 

In the first case my Bose speaker start playing several times every hour although i closed the app snd my iphone. 

In the second case my laptop starts playing even though i closed the app       

CA77
Casual Listener

I like to add that when i used the app on my laptop i’d completrly removed the app of my iphone and dusconnected any wifi speaker to make sure the iphone or wifi speaker were not the ones causing the problems. Also i changed my wifi password just in case.  Then my laptop started playing randomly after i paused music and closed the app so i know it’s 100% fault of the app. 

It probably started after the last update but not sure. 

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @CA77!

Thanks for getting back to us with this info.

Let's try using a different Spotify account on your devices to see if it behaves the same (it doesn't matter if it's a Free account).

Let's also try turning your WiFi router off for 30 seconds and back on before testing it again. Also, does your Bose have Bluetooth compatibility? If so, try using it via Bluetooth instead to see how it goes.

Keep us on the loop.

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @CA77!

We're closing this thread since we haven't had any updates about it in a while.

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

All the best.

Related Issues