Spotify stops playing after 10+ minutes songs

Whenever I listen to a song that's over ten minutes long and it's over Spotify does not continue with the next song in the playlist or album. It just stops at the end of the song. If I skip parts of the song the next song is played successfully. It does not seem like a platform specific defect I get the same problem on other devices like iPhone 8 Plus.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this.

First, we'd recommend trying the following:

1. Toggle off any Crossfade settings 
  2. Log out of your accounts and back in

If any songs longer than 10 minutes still stop playing, make sure to click the +VOTE button and leave a comment with the following details, if you haven't already:

• Device(s) and OS
  • Spotify version
  • Does this occur in a private or public WiFi network, or over a 3G/4G connection?  If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • If you have a firewall in place, does the issue occur when it's not active? If not, make sure to set Spotify as an exception.
  • Does the issue also occur on other devices or with our web player?

We'll be keeping an eye on your replies!

Related Issues

Comments
Rock Star 9
Rock Star 9

@rsy0368,

Great. If you experience anymore issues, you can always reply back and I'll be more than happy to help :)

rsy0368

No, nothing changed. Playback stops after a 10 Minute+ Song.

It seems Spotify dont care about this problem.

mvinicius563

Same here - I have not gotten any updates recently (I'm on 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea), and the issue is still very much there.

lifeofgrime

I'm glad I found this thread because I thought I was going crazy here. I've even seen this happen with songs that are over 8 and 9 minutes long. It happens on every platform I use. Android, web app, Windows 10 desktop app.

espenost

Happens to me to. 

Win10 / 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea / 

spotify:track:4EoXZbsDlzY0Knl8dwLGJe

htfkgs8-6p_y7

Been having this problem for months. Glad it’s not just me. Messaged Spotify support about the issue and they just told me to reinstall - which obviously hasn’t helped. To clarify, this problems affects me on my current Macbook, my old Windows laptop, and even on the iPhone app. It’s like the app thinks the album has ended basically. Definitely needs to be addressed.

craftycurate
Casual Listener

This exact issue has been happening for me too, for quite a long time, and I use Spotify daily.

Windows 7 SP1 x64 Pro

16GB memory

120 mbps Internet

piqquam

Playing stops in the middle of the playlist after any 10 minute song. This has already occurred for weeks and it's really annoying. (Apparently people do not listen to 10 minute songs that often anymore, because this doesn't seem to be that big of a problem.)

Spotify: 1.0.90.268.ga8a0ceb4

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

https://open.spotify.com/track/3hmrsElchewRtzbxFuDYUP?si=i5X7OiWCQoSuYZ0dKrBblA

If I skip to the end of the song, it doesn't stop playing, it continues normally to the next track. I have to listen to all 10+ minutes, then it stops.

Status changed to: Need more info

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting this.

If any songs longer than 10 minutes still stop playing, make sure to click the +VOTE button and leave a comment with the following details, if you haven't already:

• Device(s) and OS
  • Spotify version
  • Does this occur in a private or public WiFi network, or over a 3G/4G connection?  If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • If you have a firewall in place, does the issue occur when it's not active? If not, make sure to set Spotify as an exception.
  • Does the issue also occur on other devices or with our web player?

We'll be keeping an eye on your replies!

piqquam

@Katerina wrote:

That fixed it for me. I even turned the crossfade back on later and the problem didn't reoccur. Thanks!

Edit: Crossfade is the problem. Turning crossfade on means it stops after 10+ minute songs again in the next session.