Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stops playing after an ad

We've received reports that Spotify pauses after an ad and the playback cannot be resumed. This seems to affect multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and TV.

The behavior is currently being investigated.

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey everyone,

Thank you again for sharing the requested details.

All reports have been forwarded to the team investigating this, however, they're still having difficulties tracing the root cause and need your help. 

For this you'll just need to confirm you're willing to participate and share your device details if you haven't already. If you have, just share your current Spotify app version so we have the most up-to-date info.

Once you've done so, we'll post a confirmation in the thread that your account is being monitored by the devs and you'll need to reproduce the issue again giving us the timestamp of its last occurrence.

Hopefully, this will allow the team to spot the error and fix it.

Looking forward to your replies 🙏

Comments
Susan_GP

Hi there @Greed915,

Thanks for your post here in the Community. We've moved your message as you're experiencing this behavior on a different device than the OP. 

To begin with, make sure your console is up-to-date. To do so, go to Settings > System > Select System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update Available appears if a newer version is available > Select Update System Software to update. You can also try resetting your network settings to ensure there are no connection issues. Just go to Settings → System → Advanced → Reset options → Reset network settings.

If that doesn't make a difference, could you try using a different internet connection? If you don't have any available, you could create a hotspot network from your mobile device and use it to check.

Let us know how that goes.

Greed915

My system as well as the app are both up to date and I don't have a mobile hotspot but I've changed my Internet provider before and even on my previous Internet provider I had the same problem 

Marnique

I have a free account but by playing a full list the system does not go automaticly to the next song. This is a bug. I listen mostly of the time by opening the app on my tv and connect by qr code. Also connect on my car. I talkes with support about the problem but they cant x it. The problem doea not excist at a premium account. Can you please look into this bug? 

NL: bij het afspelen van een lijst middels mijn gratis spotify account hapert het systeem aan het einde van een lied. Het gaat niet automatisch door naar het volgende nummer. Dit heb ik besproken met support en zij gaven aan dat ik dit hier moet melden omdat ze me niet kunnen helpen. Bij een premium inlog komt dit probleem niet voor. Ik luister bijna altijd middels een app op de tv, ingelogd middels qr code zodat ik vanaf mijn gsm kan bedienen. Ook in de auto maak ik een connectie en komt dit probleem voor. Ik heb samen met support de laatste update gecheckt en internet verbinding opnieuw gestart. Hier ligt het probleem niet. Hopelijk kunnen jullie hier naar kijken en deze bug spoedig oplossen. 

WBFBDeni

Desktop app(Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.35.663.gb699649e) Windows 11 Home(Version 23H2) (OS Build 22631.3447)

Video ads don't play when window isn't focused/minimized 

blublublublu

So I've been mildly complaining about this issue for a year or so as user blublu69 then today my account disappeared! I've lost all my playlists, favourite songs, new and up and coming acts, everything!!!!!!!!! Literally account disappeared, couldn't request a new password because the email was no longer registered to an account, I've created a new account with the same email, which we all know just doesn't work if you already have an account, literally wth Spotify!!??

Natanos

The problem with the podcast restarting after the ads is still present for me. 

This happens with The Journal and Science Vs. Listening on iPadOS 17.4.1, Spotify version 8.9.38

Ari_ii

People are saying it's just on safari but it's happening to me on the ps5 everytime theres an ad and I have to close and reopen it to work again

1000009036.jpg

jreddy1990

Plan

Free now, cancelled Premium last week

Country

US until 5/16, India after

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 17.4.1

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app will not play any songs as of today; the desktop version will play things. One advertisement will play, and then no songs will play after I hit the triangle Play button. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Is this a temporary issue or is this bricked because (1) I cancelled the Premium plan and/or (2) live in India now, after having/using Spotify in the US?

Chellooo

Also happening to me but I'm on an android. This is the only conversation thread i have found that sounds exactly like what is happening..

Stuck on a black screen and going thru the 15 sec timer but not even playing the ad or letting me click next or anything. I've re-download to... help!

Whenever I try to change the song an advertisement appears but no ad plays and I am unable to listen to other songs