Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stops playing after using different app

So apparently my Spotify app won’t start playing my music after I used a different app where I played Music (or videos). When I open Spotify after I used YouTube for example, it won’t play any songs. I can use the apps and “play” a song, but I don’t hear anything. The music is  technically  playing but there ls just no sound.. after I delete the app in my “app history” it works again, but it just got annoying. Could you please fix this? I love Spotify! But this just cracks me up 

thanks for your support, 

• Bela 

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread for now.

If you're still having trouble with this, don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help!

Comments
FabianS_Bogota
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Belaboss4!

Thanks for letting us know about this. If you haven't tried it before, a clean reinstall with these steps could help. If it continues to happen, let us know your device, operating system and Spotify version. We'll see what to suggest.

Take care!

Belaboss4

Hey @FabianS_Bogota,

first of all thank you for your response :)! 

Second of all I tried it and it did not work ... 

The problem still occurs.

Help needed

regards 

bela 

JuanSebastian

Thanks for trying @Belaboss4.

Can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? Also, let us know which device, operating system and Spotify version you're using.

Try using a different Spotify account on your device (if possible) to see if the issue persists. 

Keep us posted. 

Belaboss4

Well, it started like 1 month ago. I Cant recall a specific date or update, because my iPhone is on auto-update (so as soon as I’m connected to the internet my iPhone will update apps on its own). 

My device is an IPhone 6s +, I’m updating my phone right now (my last iOS system update was like 3 weeks ago) and my Spotify app is updated. 

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Need more info

Thanks for keeping us posted.

What iOS did you have and which iOS are you running after the update? Also, were you able to test it out with a different account? 

Let us know.

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread for now.

If you're still having trouble with this, don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help!