Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Spotify stops playing randomly on chromecast

Hi,

I use the latest spotfy version on Android (8.4.18.743) and have to 2nd Generation Chromecasts on the latest firmware connected. For the last months spotify has been interrupting playback randomly. I have no idea what is wrong, it all worked perfectly fine for years. All other applications stream seamlessly.

The GUI in spotify resumes while the sound stops. After a while the playback kicks back in and then stops again.

Hey @amalma!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

Have a great day!

Comments
Aimee_T
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @amalma, we welcome you to our Spotify Community!

Just to verify, did you start having that issue after an update? We'd recommend using another device to connect to your Chromecast.

Also, could you log out and back into your account to see if it helps.

Take care 🙂

amalma
Hello,

the issue is present when using different android devices and also an iPad.
So there is no particular device that is causing the issue. The issue did
not start after I (knowingly) performed an update.
Aimee_T

Thanks for letting us know!

Can you make sure that your device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast? Best thing to try here is a reinstall. Just follow the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Julian
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @amalma!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

Have a great day!