Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stuck on logo screen on iOS

We've received reports from iPhone users running iOS 16.3 and 16.3.1 that the Spotify app won't load past the logo screen. This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

We really appreciate your understanding and cooperation while our teams were working on a fix! 

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Ekpuk

Running IOS 16.3.1 iPhone 14 Pro

gracec92

My Spotify app has been crashing since Sunday morning. I assume the app is trying to run on v8.8.18 as that is the version in the App Store. I have cleared downloads (about 200gb spare on the phone), I have cleared the cache. I have done an iOS update after I first experienced the error (now iOS 16.3.1), that didn’t help. I have logged in and logged out on all devices, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have switched on and off the phone, I have switched on and off background app refresh. But I can’t get Spotify to stay open for more than about 10 seconds. I have an iPhone 8.

I also tried downloading Spotify on my work phone (an iPhone 12) and had the same challenge.

Spotify works fine running off my web browser on my laptop and phone so I assume it is an app issue. 
Update 23.03.23 - v8.8.20 - same issues, tried same steps, same outcome

Shawniecheatham

iPhone 14 pro, version 8.8.18 (no updates available). 
Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting phone, leaving it for a while to resolve

Have been having this issue for a few weeks now and no updates/ resolutions. 

rreorr

Running iOS 16.3.1 on iPhone 14 pro with Spotify version 8.8.18. Tried everything and was chatting with support forever. 

Alex_Gl
Hello! Same problem since December (we're almost in April, it's very long).
IPhone 12 Pro, IOS 16.3.1.
Spotify 8.8.20.
Clear cache, reinstalled Spotify, nothing.
spotify wil niet openen nieuwe ios update
hoe kan ik oplossen
hypncs

The latest update seems to have fixed it for me; has anyone else also got their phone  library back? 

Lyubka
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks, 

Since this Ongoing issue is a bit different it requires a bit of testing on your side. We have a couple of steps that we need you to try and send us the results, so we can forward the information to our Developers team. 

As a step zero - turn off Bluetooth on your phones and see if that makes a difference for those who still have the issue. If that doesn't do it for you, please make sure you follow the steps accordingly.:

1. Download the profile linked here
    If necessary, email the profile or use AirDrop to transfer the profile to the iOS device. If you can’t download the file in Chrome, please try with Safari instead.
  2. After downloading the profile to your iPhone, you’ll need to review and install it in Settings > Profile Downloaded > Install (here are the steps on Apple’s support site)
  3. Restart the device if prompted
  4. Make sure the Spotify app is not running:
    • If your iPhone has a home button: double tap on home button and swipe up on the Spotify app.
    • If your iPhone doesn’t have a home button: Swipe up, find the Spotify app and swipe up.
  5. Go to Settings > Control Center
  6. Enable the “Performance Trace” control in Control Center by tapping the green plus  next to Performance Trace.
  7. Open Control Center and tap on the Performance Trace icon to begin tracing, and open Spotify immediately after. Make sure you’re experiencing the issue where the app fails to launch! If you get lucky and it launches correctly, stop the tracing, close Spotify, and try again.
  8. Stay with Spotify opened for at least 30 seconds. The tracing will automatically stop after that.
  9. Wait a while for your phone to process the trace. You will receive a notification when this is done containing the name of the generated file, which will probably be “trace_something_something.ktrace.tgz”
  10. Go to: Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data
  11. Locate the file matching the name you saw in the notification and send it to us (see steps on how to send this to us)

Sending the file to Spotify:

1. Use a service like Google Drive or anything similar that can host the file for you and upload the file there. Please make sure we have permissions to access the link/file you provide us
  2. Send a PM to @Lyubka (you can open the profile and click on Message) on the Community
  3. In the message, please provide us with the following information:
    • Username:
    • Spotify app version: (please be precise as this is needed for our engineers)
    • Your Timezone
    • A link to the Video

Please do not share the link to your file on publicly anywhere in the Community or any forum. If you have issues sending it to us, please reach out to our support team instead.

Outdraft

Yea, my issue of being stuck on the non-loading homepage is all fixed.  

big thanks to the tech people who fixed it.  👏👏 Now I get to satisfy my music fix 👍

lynn3202

Mine too. Just update to iOS 16.3.1 and I can’t access Spotify. Stuck on logo sign. Deleting the app and reinstalling doesn’t work.

HELP!!!!!!!