Announcements

Spotify web player not working on Opera browser Linux

I don't know if the problem's been reviewed or solved in the forum, but i couldn't find a new topic, so i'm here to start a new one.

The Spotify web player just doesn't work on the Opera web browser under Linux. Like: i click on a song, press the play button, and nothing happens. The song is just stuck at 0:00 and I don't hear any sound. The ad blocker is disabled on the site, if you think this is the problem. I don't know when and how this occured, i'm not sure if it was after a browser update, but on a certain moment the player stopped playing any sort of music, or sound at all. On my phone via Spotify Connect the app says the song is being played, though.

Hi @mdespodov

We're changing the status to this post as Closed since we haven't heard from you in a while. No worries though, you can get back in touch with us if you still need help. 

Hope you have a great day 🙂 
Comments
Alfredo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @mdespodov!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using a private browser session. Also, you can try disabling any add-ons you might be using to see if it makes a difference.

If it doesn't help, please send us a screenshot of what you see on your end and your browser's version.

Keep us posted.

Mara_F
Status changed to: Closed
Hi @mdespodov

We're changing the status to this post as Closed since we haven't heard from you in a while. No worries though, you can get back in touch with us if you still need help. 

Hope you have a great day 🙂 
alonsougc

Actually is still not working.

Latest version of Opera in Linux. Web player not working.

stezi

I have the same issue using latest Opera 48.0.2685.50 on Windows. Can anyone reproduce the problem? It occurs, when the native Spotify is not installed on the computer. 

IronBone

The same problem with Opera 52.0.2871.30

apothecman

I  am having the same problem 

TheGreatHap

Same here too. Only since a few days ago this started.

d01joyarqk7vzcx

installing opera-ffmpeg-codecs from software center helps