Spotify won't find Chromecast

My Spotify app on android won't find my Chromecast audio anymore. 

I've tried resetting the Chromecast, resetting the router and reinstalling Spotify on my phone.

I can still connect to Chromecast via SoundCloud or Google play music. So I think this is a problem with the Spotify app.

It's quite annoying as I'm paying for premium. I've had this problem on/off all year but a simple restart normally sorts it out. Now nothing I do will fix it!

Please could you just use the Chromecast API instead of what you are using at the moment. It is more stable!

Hey everybody!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Comments
cprice2437

Same problem - I only subscribed to Spotify because it offered a way to cast to my HiFi systems in different rooms and now the Android App won't connect to any Chromecast device.  Other apps connect simply - this losing Chromecast issue has been a constant since I started 3-months ago, but normally a re-start of both Android and each Chromecast device fixes it - not now.  The App just blithely says "use your phone as a remote".

Needs fixing fast but I fear that having read other threads the developers are not really onto this mand don't much care. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Same here.

Started yesterday.

I also can't connect with windows web player.

Guess it's up to Spotify to fix this.

Best

Sam

HubiWu

No Spotify in Chromecast Audio for me either. Other apps work fine (Tidal, Google Music Play). Spotify does not find the device at all.

Bjoernbear
Casual Listener

Here the same problem! (Premium member)

I have an android phone and chromecast works fine with netflix, tidal, npo ect...

Accept spotify...there is just no chromecast icon in the device list...

Verry frustrading...i tried to delete and reinstal the spotify app, delete the cache and all the content...nothing helps...

My wive has a iphone and there it works just fine...so its an android probem ....

faben
Casual Listener

Same here. Seems to be a problem with an update. It's not working on 2 of my smartphones, but IS still working on my tablet which has auto-updates disabled.

psuede

Same for me, since this morning. Spotify doesn't find the chromecast I have connected, while all the other apps (Netflix, HBO...) do. I reinstalled the apps, remove data but the issue is still present. Same from the pc

trulskarlsen
Regular

Same problem here. Spotify won't find my chromecast nor my chromecast audio. Worked fine yesterday.

Spotify version 8.4.35.152

Samsung S8, Android 7.0

I have:

* cleared data and reinstalled apo

* rebooted chromecasts

* rebooted phone

* rebooted wifi router

* rebooted wifi repeater

Chromecasts are discovered and works fine in Plex and NRK Radio.

patrickjp4

Solution: downgrade to a working version: https://spotify.br.uptodown.com/android/old

Hubo
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks! Thanks for reporting this!

Spotify had a small hiccup backstage earlier but things should be looking better now. Could you let me know if this is working on your end again? 🙂

Thanks, have an awesome day!

Julian
Status changed to: Closed

Hey everybody!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂