Spotify won't keep music downloaded

Hi,

I have two main recurring problems with the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5. The first problem is that when my phone is locked or Spotify doesn't show up, it will quit playing music if the song isn't downloaded on my phone. Some results I found on the Community Blog suggested that I turn off the power-saving options for the Spotify app. This didn't solve the issue. My second problem, and most aggravating problem, is that my app keeps undownloading my music. This is very annoying because if I am on a road trip, and want to listen to music, I can't because it has undownloaded my music for no reason. The songs will not stay downloaded. I have plenty of space on both my SD card and my phone. My preferred storage location is my SD card, and it is not corrupted in anyway. I have used this post to troubleshoot this problem: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/spotify-doesn-t-save-to-sd-card/td-p/873535. It only gives me temporary results. 

I have looked up previous questions/answers on the Community blog, but they only provide me with temporary fixes. I have to keep going back in to do the same thing, but it is very time-consuming and doesn't provide me with long-lasting results. I love Spotify and being a Premium member, but it is not worth paying for if it doesn't keep music downloaded on my phone. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread. 

If you ever need us again, just let us know. We're always here to help!

0 Likes
Comments
SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @ashlee_schif, welcome to the Community!

How long have both of these issues been happening on your device for? What troubleshooting have you tried so far to fix the first issue?

As for the second issue, have you already tried following these steps? Lastly, if possible, try using a different SD card to see if your tunes still get removed for offline listening.

Keep in mind that it'd be best to disable any cache-clearing apps you may have installed to see results.

Be sure to keep us posted.

SergioDavid
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey there.

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread. 

If you ever need us again, just let us know. We're always here to help!

Related Issues