Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Spotify won't resume after pause with bluetooth headphones

I'm unable to resume after i pause the music for a few minutes with my headphones over bluetooth.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app and all devices fully up-to-date.

Thanks!

Comments
Cristianm87

I have the same problem (see this thread)

zthacher

Same problem. Fix it.

tamtrek

I have the same Problem with my macbook pro 2016, Catalina,  Spotify v1.36, airpod pros

It is really annoying

MarceloLucas

Same problem here, FIX THIS!!!!!

snkxz_5-m5vug

Finally found the main thread for this! 

This needs to be fixed, it's getting more and more frequent and I'm manually restarting the Spotify app on a daily basis now! 

We need an update on this issue, it has become impossible to use Spotify on my Mac =/

_back

This is absolutely crazy they didn’t fix a major issue like this for 3 years. I guess it must have a reason, but it would be nice to at least get informed.

I don’t want to do this but Im more and more thinking to switch for another service because of this...

bmcd243

For anyone else with the issue, CHECK THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE A BLUETOOTH DEVICE THAT IS CONNECTED TO MULTIPLE DEVICES.

For example, if you have a Bluetooth speaker that is connected to your phone and you Mac, Spotify Connect will get confused and through the "can't play current song" error.

Puzzilli

bmcd243, unfortunately, this is not the issue. 

My headphone is always only connected to my Macbook Pro and the problem keeps happening. 

ludwik

@bmcd243 My heaphones don't even support connecting to multiple devices at once. I'm connected to my MacBook and the problem keeps happening. Multiple times a day, every day.

mdelag
That's not the issue because It doesn't happen with any other apps