Start using your notifications or media channels for something useful

Basically I had an issue a lot of people have which preventes users from listening to some artists and shows a popup saying that the track is unavailable and to add it if you have it on your local files. I discovered it after trying to listen to Grimes and found some threads complaining about the same. I found this one saying they couldn't listen to Lana Del Rey, which I couldn't as well. Eventually asking some friends to test it and checking other threads with the same issue, I discovered it wasn't artist related because some people could play the artists that were "bugged out" while others couldn't.

I also found a ton of non-solutions like deleting local files, deleting other devices on the account, reinstalling and starting to play on a device then swapping to computer. None of it worked, while the web player always worked fine.

Eventually I found out (at least I think I did) that the problem was related to the new version. I don't have a link for IOS or Mac versions but I found these 2, for Android and PC.

http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/32265/
https://spotify.de.uptodown.com/android/download/1658702

Also, on PC you can do this to prevent it from auto updating it. I actually haven't tried to close and open Spotify so I'm not sure if it's actually working because that post is pretty old.

I got a few sugestions for Spotify:

-Stop being so darn picky about making rollbacks on versions. If this is actually a version problem, do the **bleep** rollback;

-Use your social media properly. Instead of filling your Twitter feed with advertising, put a sticky on there saying that you know that there are issues;

-Same with Facebook. Your Facebook page is dead (at least the european one) and having a **bleep**ing bot talking to you in the chat is awful.

-Actually answer people.

-If there are no push notifications for releases, at least try to push the development of notifications with information about known issues.

Hey @ssozi! Thanks for your report!

Thanks for all your feedback, I'll make sure to pass this on to the relevant teams. You can always reach out by e-mail here, or on Facebook or Twitter on @SpotifyCares.

I recommend you to stay on the latest version available to make sure you're secure and can enjoy Spotify in the best way possible.

If you're having any issues with the latest version, be sure to create a new issue report, so it can get passed on for the tech team at Spotify to take a closer look. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

0 Likes
Comments
Hubo
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @ssozi! Thanks for your report!

Thanks for all your feedback, I'll make sure to pass this on to the relevant teams. You can always reach out by e-mail here, or on Facebook or Twitter on @SpotifyCares.

I recommend you to stay on the latest version available to make sure you're secure and can enjoy Spotify in the best way possible.

If you're having any issues with the latest version, be sure to create a new issue report, so it can get passed on for the tech team at Spotify to take a closer look. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

Related Issues