Premium

Country

United States

Device

LG84L

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

As of today, when I try to play any music or podcast on my android from spotify, without headphones plugged in, I get a horrible static noise with the music or podcast playing very faintly in the background. All other apps work fine on my phone. Sound is fine when I have headphones plugged in. Spotify works fine on my windows 10 desktop.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
ohsoexpendable
Visitor

1. Plan: Premium
  2. Country: USA
  3. Device: LGL84VL
  4. Operating System: Android 7.0

For the past three days, the android app has played heavy distortion through my phone speaker during every song, but it works just fine with headphones. Other apps (and the spotify web player) play through my phone speaker just fine, so I know it's not the speaker itself. I've tried restarting my phone and reinstalling the app, but nothing has worked.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

Jkoenig
Visitor

Plan

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My playlist keeps playing static. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled several times. What can I do to remedy the issue?

Lirith
Visitor

I have the same problem.  I've tried clean installs, clearing data etc.  I am not on the premium plan.  I recently let my subscription lapse and was going to resubscribe but I won't pay to listen to static.  All other platforms the audio works so it appears to just be an issue with Spotify and only with the music...the audio for the ads play perfectly fine ironically enough.

toxicmeerkat

Same here.  tried uninstalling/reinstalling, etc. Still happening. Its driving me nuts. Has anyone got a solution?

user-removed
Not applicable
Having the same issue, and I am a premium subscriber. I'll just copy paste what I wrote on the Spotify reddit looking for help.

When I try to use my Spotify app through my phone's speakers all I get is terrible static and crackling. It works fine through bluetooth. And no, it's not my phone's speakers. Youtube and any other app that has audio sound fine, it's just Spotify doing this. I also tried with headphones and it sounds fine on those so it is just specific to the phone speakers.

I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling with no success. I even went so far as to uninstall the app then go into the phone's files, delete all the Spotify files, then restart the phone, then reinstall it. Still just getting this awful static through the phone speakers. Again, other apps with audio work fine, it's just Spotify doing this. Anyone have suggestions to help?
Shanonive
Visitor

I have this same problem and I just really want my music back. I dont have premium, but the static is so annoying! The adds play fine! I will tap my playlist and it'll be static and maybe I can skip a song and it wont be but then the song after that will have it again. Any luck fixing this issue?

Systematically
Casual Listener

This is also happening to me if I try to listen to anything unless I start it over from the beginning. 

akocmieroski
Casual Listener

Oh weird, ya that works for me too. If I reset a second time it goes back to static 

ohsoexpendable
Visitor
still no permanent solution, but I've got a semi-solution I saw on someone else's post: rewind the song and then it plays fine. you'll have to do each song when they start, so good luck catching it before the awful static.
also if you rewind the song again, it goes back to static. you can literally just sit there and toggle back and forth between static and no static 😕
WeAreControl
Visitor
I've been having the same issue and tried the cache dump and reinstall too. I think a Spotify update might have broken it so reinstalling is just reinstalling a bad app.

And like the others I'm going to cancel my premium if I have to keep dealing with this since other services are working just fine; it's only Spotify.

Related Issues